kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | May 31-Jun 02, 2024 | actuals | 14.01M GARFIELD | 10.78M FURIOSA | 10.51M IF | 8.97M APES

2 hours ago, Flopped said:

Useless fact but today I learned that until Jurassic Park, Ghost was the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time worldwide with $517.6M. 

Ghost is such a shit original screenplay winner 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Posted (edited)

I'm just happy to see Apes holding well. I think finishing above War would be an excellent result for a semi reboot with no Ceaser or Serkis to prop it up. 

Say what you will about Disney, but they learnt to let their movies cook. Universal or Amazon would have had this shit on VOD by now. 

Edited by SaltyPistola
typo
  • Like 6

Did anyone go see In a Violent Nature? If so, without spoiling anything, what’s up with the RT scores? It has 87% from critics yet only 47% from audiences. This massive split with critics giving the higher score is incredibly rare given the genre. I’m generally not a horror fan as most of the genre nowadays is absolute garbage; however this one has me intrigued.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Did anyone go see In a Violent Nature? If so, without spoiling anything, what’s up with the RT scores? It has 87% from critics yet only 47% from audiences. This massive split with critics giving the higher score is incredibly rare given the genre. I’m generally not a horror fan as most of the genre nowadays is absolute garbage; however this one has me intrigued.

Just got out of the movie. It’s a slow burn movie with brief spurts of sudden gore. It’s not for everyone. Probably why people aren’t feeling it.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

9 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

I hate that I can't watch Hit Man in theaters. I can already tell that's gonna be a 9/10 for me.

It’s so great too. We’ve had quite a wide release of it in the U.K.  

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Just got out of the movie. It’s a slow burn movie with brief spurts of sudden gore. It’s not for everyone. Probably why people aren’t feeling it.

Is it an A24 type of movie?

12 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The games industry is in a weird place, the AAA space is pretty much creatively inert now with very little in terms of new IP and innovation. Indies on the other hand are on fire and getting greater reach than ever. 

We had a great year for AAA just last year.

14 hours ago, Maggie said:

I think the excuses we've made over the last few months on why various movies have flopped are somehow legit, but Bad Boys 4 has no excuse to make under 50M. If it does, then we can close shop. It's Will Smith in summer mode. That used to mean something!

He slapped any meaning out of it.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

He slapped any meaning out of it.

I will never forgive Will Smith for apologising for slapping the spirit outta that fraud. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

In A Violent Nature was purposely told from a killers perspective.  Not intended to be a dialogue-heavy film.  Whether it works for people or not.  Its a Shudder release, so leans into the genre it represents.

16 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Will Smith being a cuck killed his career more then the slap did.

How that could kill someone career?

6 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

I'm just happy to see Apes holding well. I think finishing above War would be an excellent result for a semi reboot with no Ceaser or Serkis to prop it up. 

Say what you will about Disney, but they learnt to let their movies cook. Universal or Amazon would have had this shit on VOD by now. 

Universal has expressly stated that its policy is anything that opens under $50,000,000 gets put on VOD within three weeks. Everything else is after that. They have been doing that for nearly three years now, so it is perplexing as to why there still seems to be confusion about that on here. No, Apes would not be on VOD by now with Universal Pictures. The Fall Guy opened at $28,000,000, so that being shunted to VOD really is not representative of Universal's overall operating procedures.              

I remember a time when anything that grossed under 3x its opening used to be reviled as having poor legs at the box office. Now, I am seeing people effusing about things that barely have 2.7x multipliers as having phenomenal legs at the box office. That is so ironic. That is the only indicator that you need to know that the box office landscape is not the same 

SUMMER CAMP (2024)C

When you're a lame-looking comedy that wastes the talent of legends dumped in theaters and can't even satisfy the few who paid to see it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

It is still more or less the baseline, but in the era of Thursday previews I think the bar is a little lower especially for genre movies

Edited by AniNate