kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

15 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Duly edited to take out the ‘don’t forget’ bit!

This is what happens when I’m monitoring the thread and watching the French Open final.  Probably how most people are watching Hit Man. 

I'm watching too. Common Alcaraz!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Burnett said:

One of my favorite Siskel and Ebert moments was how Roger was the only critic in America who liked the Burt Reynolds kids movie Cop and a Half, and Gene kept giving him shit for liking a movie that anybody with eyes could see was shit. They even went on a tangent about Cop and a Half while reviewing Broken Arrow three years later.

You gotta respect Roger’s honesty and integrity I guess. :lol:

Yep just the book Opposable Thumbs about them and it talks about that being one of their most famous squabbles.

5 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

What was up with those last minute "30 Million" projections?  Was that just a studio low ball, I knew it wasn't going that low.  I also remember the WW projections being 70-75 Million.   I think Domestic Tracking was much closer though.  

That was a Sony lowball they fed to Deadline Anthony and the trades.

Updated diversity stats for Bad Boys 4 are 44% Black, 26% Latino and Hispanic, 18% Caucasian, and 8% Asian and 4% other. 

Lower Caucasian turnout than Creed 3 (23%)??

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Eh..someone up thread mentioned Paul Blart....that movie made 146M domestic. It's a crap movie, i can't see that movie doing anything close to those numbers these days. It's evident there's a problem...call it Netflix/streaming, but the box office isn't what it used to be.

Also Bad Boys 4 did what it was supposed to do. But we are missing big blockbusters this summer.

• Like 6

So relieved we won't have to deal with the "Is Will Smith over?" annoying shit anymore

The Evil Is Defeated GIF - The Evil Is Defeated GIFs

Excited for what this means for the directors and Sony's rumored plans to put them in charge of :spidey:

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Previous bad boys had incredible legs all consider, before March 12 when Tom Hanks closed the world.

$56m with the summer legs for a $100m Sony movie look really good, could still be a rare old school gross point for Bruckheimer, Smith, Lawrence.

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

As he shouldn't. Rock has had a creepy ass Jada obsession since years.

It is not like comics had to search (or use people that did) to find material, they were an extremely public figure making it extremely public for money, clout or some other fetish reason and among the most powerful people in the entertainment industry ever, if joke of them making it an open season who would be ok to laugh at ?.

Edited by Barnack

24 minutes ago, Eric Burnett said:

@Brainbug your time has come

Fun fact: New Empire is the biggest Monsterverse movie WW, Godzilla is the biggest DOM, and Kong: Skull Island is the biggest OS. I don’t think there’s a single franchise like this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dallas said:

Yeah but there's a higher percentage of movies that don't do well now compared to back then. 

People going movie by movie for this, will tend to try to play it in some ways and are complicated stuff a bit

Start with:

Gross vs 2024 vs 2023 vs 2022 vs 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
2024 $2,703,510,635 - -27% -7.2% +262.9% +51% -43.9%
2023 $3,704,381,482 +37% - +27.1% +397.2% +106.9% -23.2%
2022 $2,913,667,511 +7.8% -21.4% - +291.1% +62.7% -39.6%
2021 $745,004,363 -72.4% -79.9% -74.4% - -58.4% -84.6%
2020 $1,790,793,459 -33.8% -51.7% -38.5% +140.4% - -62.9%
2019 $4,821,920,627 +78.4% +30.2% +65.5% +547.2% +169.3% -

Domestic Box office from january 1 to june 9 is down 44% since pre-pandemy, down 27% from last year

Inflation adjusted that down 54% versus 2019 (movie ticket price did not move up in price much, versus Subway and McDo, while their cost did rise up).

Any talk-analysis that do not have those....

But again those do not tell all the story, EndGames, Lion King, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, Star Wars 9, Spider-Man far from home and Aladdin are all objectively bigger movie than any movie released in 2024.

Bad boys, Apes did not decline that much, there a drop in product (specially Disney) that explain part of it, did Disney even released a single movie this year ?

9 minutes ago, Eric Burnett said:

Fun fact: New Empire is the biggest Monsterverse movie WW, Godzilla is the biggest DOM, and Kong: Skull Island is the biggest OS. I don’t think there’s a single franchise like this.

Transformers.

Fallen - 402m domestic.

Age of Extinction - 858m OS.

Dark of the Moon - 1.123B worldwide

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Transformers.

Fallen - 402m domestic.

Age of Extinction - 858m OS.

Dark of the Moon - 1.123B worldwide

Huh. I always thought Age of Extinction was the biggest one. But it was only a couple million short.

• Like 1