Eric Prime

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Moana 2/Zootopia 2/Toy Story 5/Frozen 3 are all going to be massive. Disney be like "you were saying?" to their doubters.

Except the ones saying they can only do it with big sequels nowadays.Β 

• Like 1

62? 48 True Fri?Β  Lord have mercy.Β  Talk about making an entrance.Β  Β These last two weeks have been very healthy for the Box Office.Β  "Bad Boys" loaded up the bases last week only for "Inside Out 2" to knock it out the park with a grand slam.Β  Β A friend asked me why this Pixar film and not the others.Β  Β Well "Inside Out" has had 9 years of good will from audiences.Β  Pixar Sequels seems to always do very well.Β  Β But the last several films were original films outside of "Lightyear" which was more of a prequel per say.Β  Β  I think we will be seeing gangbuster numbers for "Toy Story 5" or if they do an "Incredibles 3".Β  Β Shoot they should consider bringing back "Cars 4".Β  Β "Monster University" and "Finding Dory" also did nice numbers for sequels.Β  Β 

Β 

So a "Finding Nemo 3" could possibly work too (Though Monsters is a Television series now).Β  Overall Pixar now has a few Franchises and they can lean on them.Β  I don't fault them for still doing original films.Β  What's funny is when Pixar first started doing sequels around "Toy Story 2", some fans were upset saying they should only do original films.Β  Funny how the tables turn.Β  Β  Overall when Pixar makes a sequel, audiences definitely support it.Β  Β Well I guess "INSIDE BAD" is the "Babarbenheimer" this year.Β  They both were actually suppose to open the same weekend but "Bad Boys" was pushed up a week.Β  Β  Atleast until we get "Twisted Deadpool", lol.Β  Β But fantastic opening for "IO2".Β  "Mario" will be the bar since they are opening so close to each other.Β  Β Also good Hold for "Bad Boys", counterprogramming is definitely working for it.Β Β 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

I don't fault them for still doing original films.Β  What's funny is when Pixar first started doing sequels around "Toy Story 2", some fans were upset saying they should only do original films.Β  Funny how the tables turn.Β 

Β 

People still are upset that they don't do original films, though frankly I feel like they just don't want any sequels or need another reason to hate Disney. They really don't get enough credit for the original movies they have recently put out and are still going to put out after this movie.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Except the ones saying they can only do it with big sequels nowadays.Β 

Β 

Yup. Good thing the people who complained about Pixar making sequels are not businessmen

5 hours ago, todos said:

That Bad Boys number still feels underestimated given it’s Β a holiday-ish weekend.Β 

Agreed. Just say it today at 3 pm screening.it was pack. Hopefully the numbers go up.

Β 

Loved the film. Word of mouth is going to take it far.

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

My Pixar Ranked

Β 

1. Toy Story 2

2. The Incredibles

3. Coco

4. Toy Story 3

5. Wall E

19. Inside Out 2

https://letterboxd.com/itsjat32/list/pixar-ranked/

Β 

Β 

I need to rewatch most of these, which I probably will this month, so should see many changes.

How have you logged Megalopolis on LB? You saw it?Β 

• ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, AniNate said:

I find this interesting:

Β 

"The chief reason why audiences went to see Inside Out 2 is because 46% of the crowd said it looked fun, while 34% of moviegoers are fans of the franchise. In a clear sign that Disney+ family subscribers will continue to come out to great movies, PostTrak noted that 52% of those watching Inside Out 2 are subs of the Mouse House service, while 44% have Hulu, 43% have Prime Video and 66% have Netflix. If a Disney+ subscriber were to wait and watching Inside Out 2 at home, their kids would experience immense FOMO for these event films won’t hit the OTT service for another 80-90 days, if not more."

Β 

So basically Disney+ has little to no effect on films that people actually want to see in theaters. Anything not deemed an event film or theater-worthy will still continue to suffer the "wait for streaming" effect.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Β 

So basically Disney+ has little to no effect on films that people actually want to see in theaters. Anything not deemed an event film or theater-worthy will still continue to suffer the "wait for streaming" effect.

Β 

Except movies that bombed in theaters didn’t become streaming hits either (Lightyear, Strange World, The Marvels, Dial of Destiny, Wish did ok but nothing special). It’s clear these are movies people have no interest in periodΒ 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

Wow people in certain circles are still claiming theaters are dead/dying. They are basically salivating over it. It’s clear these people have some kind of issues with theaters and are mad they still exist or think just because a movie they loved bombed it means theaters in general must be dying. It is very strangeΒ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Β 

Except movies that bombed in theaters didn’t be one streaming hits either (Lightyear, Strange World, The Marvels, Dial of Destiny, Wish did ok but nothing special). It’s clear these are movies people have no interest in periodΒ 

Β 

Encanto usually gets "people didn't watch it in theaters but it blew up in streaming" but that requires a retcon of how the 2021 box office worked. Graded on a curve, Encanto was a box office success all things considering.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Wow people in certain circles are still claiming theaters are dead/dying. They are basically salivating over it. It’s clear these people have some kind of issues with theaters and are mad they still exist or think just because a movie they loved bombed it means theaters in general must be dying. It is very strangeΒ 

or they’re short on a certain stock and utterly desperate. Β 

Yeah, it was a really great film. Not as strong as the first one, but still a solid 9/10

Β 

Disney has a win here because the entire IP is limitless. The theater I went to was packed, hadn't seen that since BarbenheimerΒ Β 

3 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

With women going to see this do you think this is negatively gonna affect Beetlejuice? Cause women only go once a year.

Beetlejuice was never going to be this big hit imo. Feels like a Bad Boys 4 type of openingΒ 

• Sad 1

Just now, TheFlatLannister said:

Beetlejuice was never going to be this big hit imo. Feels like a Bad Boys 4 type of openingΒ 

I always thought it would hit like It Chapter 1 numbers cause I know Gen Z, Millennial, and Gen X women who love Beetlejuice and are hyped for this film. But I guess I was fooling myself like with Twisters.