Grand Cine

Weekdays (08-11th July) Super Tuesday DM4 : 15,1M - IO2 : 5,6M

This number so is impressive considering it’s facing direct competition head on. Barbie really didn’t have much competition for itself. Which is probably why it’s 4th Monday was better than Inside Out 2. This is also higher than Incredibles 2’s 3.5m Monday 

8 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

First meh number for IO2. Looks like DM4 hurt it. Think it should still beat Barbie though 

IO2 has made $530M DOM already and it now faces direct competition with DM4, a potential $300M DOM grosser. IO2 was bound to slow down eventually.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

IO2 has made $530M DOM already and it now faces direct competition with DM4, a potential $300M DOM grosser. IO2 was bound to slow down eventually.

I think that’s interesting to note. I think we got so hyped with the large numbers for Inside Out 2 that we forget reality sometimes. This is still a good number. I’d be more surprised if it held better. Despicable Me 4 was bound to hurt it even if it held well. And unless it starts collapsing after this I don’t think we should draw any conclusions yet. 57% drop is harsh but it could have been a LOT worse. 

37 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Yup. It's not like it won't stabilize and have stellar late legs either. Remember everything was inflated  by last Monday being Canada Day too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

As I posted above there was an impact due to Hurricane Beryl. We will confirm with other numbers. DM4 would be hit even harder. 

I called it over in the weekend thread. The south, Midwest then the North East are impacted through Thursday at least. DM4 will have a rough week more than any impact to IO2. 

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

It's John Marston...he's always been like this! It's like telling CJohn not to overreact. They're gonna do it anyway!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Expect it to make another $35M-$40M internationally between Tuesday and Thursday. That should take the worldwide total close or just higher than $1.27B

This movie is gonna pretty close to $1.35B by the end of this upcoming weekend and it'll just be a matter of time before it passes Incredibles 2 domestically and both The Super Mario Bros. Movie and Frozen II worldwide. 

Also, even though the Monday drop is a bit harsh, it could go a bit up when Disney reports the actual numbers and it's still basically on par with the 56% drop for Incredibles 2 at the same point. Remember also that Incredibles 2 was facing direct competition on that weekend with Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation. Inside Out 2 still have to contend with Despicable Me 4, but now that it's opening is out of the way, it should stabalize nicely this weekend and only increase the gap from Incredibles 2. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

As I posted above there was an impact due to Hurricane Beryl. We will confirm with other numbers. DM4 would be hit even harder. 

Last Monday was a Canadian holiday so it was a inflated Monday.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

It's John Marston...he's always been like this! It's like telling CJohn not to overreact. They're gonna do it anyway!

Yeah, it really doesn’t make sense for them to be the sour sticks in the mud and react negatively sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@CJohn

@John Marston

Guys! Have at least more positive to comment on about the successes for the  current movies this summer, especially Inside Out 2. Why be so dour almost with a majority of the movies coming up? Jeez! 🙄