Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

41 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Post Endgame

A+

NWH
Deadpool and Wolverine

GoTG vol 3

A-

Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Loki 

B
Shang Chi

C

WandaVision

Moon Knight

C- 

Hawkeye

Falcon and Winter Solider 

D
Thor: Love and Thunder

Eternals

F

Ant-man: Quantumania

Black Widow

Secret Invasion
She-Hulk

*never seen The Marvels or Ms.Marvel

Multiverse Saga / Post Endgame

A+

Spider-Man: No Way Home
Deadpool and Wolverine

Loki

X-Men ‘97

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3

A

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
WandaVision

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Guardians of the Galaxy, Holyday 

A-

Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings

Thor: Love and Thunder (YES and fuck you)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Ms. Marvel 

B+
Hawkeye
What If…

Black Widow

Moon Knight 

Eternals

B

The Marvels

B- 

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania 

F
Secret Invasion

* I’m going through my Daredevil rewatch because I never actually watched Season 3 of that show so I haven’t really watched Echo yet, and I also haven’t watched I Am Groot, but I’m planning to in the next weeks. I do include X-Men ‘97 and the Spider-Verse films as parts of the MCU and the Multiverse Saga. I think it’s clear since Loki that EVERYTHING happened and EVERYTHING matters, which is brilliant when it comes to how vast and big the MCU has become.

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

I just want to lament the state of the two major box office websites.

BOM, they are slow to update and they ruined what used to be a wonderful and informative interface. and they make a lot of input errors.

The-Numbers updates in real time, but their layout was clunkier than the old BOM and now their pages take a long time to load (as far as I can tell on my end).

Where does all the information these sites use originally come from? I originally got into box office because of old BOM since it had so much information easily accessible, but I always wondered if it came from some sort of insiders they have or if all of it just came from publicly available info.

I know the big films always have their information announced elsewhere but they have loads of numbers for smaller films or international grosses that I don't know where the data comes from

3 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Where does all the information these sites use originally come from? I originally got into box office because of old BOM since it had so much information easily accessible, but I always wondered if it came from some sort of insiders they have or if all of it just came from publicly available info.

I know the big films always have their information announced elsewhere but they have loads of numbers for smaller films or international grosses that I don't know where the data comes from

ComScore

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Assassin said:

One of the many box office sub reddit that the user likes to constantly name drop. Not even sure if they're a tracker or have access to anything like Charlie, Empire, Rth, Gitesh to he honest. Might be just a random user that guessed a blockbuster multi once or something.

MCU Projects

A+

Wandavision (with Mother Wanda)

GOTG 3

A-

Shang Chi

D&W

Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Hawkeye

B+

Loki S2

Black Panther WF

Mrs Marvel

B

NWH

What if S1 and 2

MOM

Loki S1

C

Black Widow ( despite Florence Pugh 💗)

Moon Knight

D

Echo

Eternals

The Marvels

Thor 4

F

She Hulk

Ant Man 3

Secret Invasion ( Despite Mother Olivia Colman)

Don't Watch

I am groot

X-Men 97 (sorry)

Edited by Grand Cine

13 minutes ago, Assassin said:

ComScore

Oh? What exactly is comscore? Is it some paid service that these sites subscribe to and then sift through the data themselves to make available in a more readable format? 

26 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

One of the many box office sub reddit that the user likes to constantly name drop. Not even sure if they're a tracker or have access to anything like Charlie, Empire, Rth, Gitesh to he honest. Might be just a random user that guessed a blockbuster multi once or something.

That's exactly what happened lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Oh? What exactly is comscore? Is it some paid service that these sites subscribe to and then sift through the data themselves to make available in a more readable format? 

Comscore isn't JUST box office reporting but it's what we know them most for.

https://www.comscore.com/Products/Movies/Global-Box-Office-Reporting

Love and Thunder is terrible, only second to Quantumania as the worst in the MCU. Legitimately terribly writing, CGI, comedy, etc etc very few redeeming qualities.

Deadpool and Wolverine was a 7/10 for me. The plot is paper thin and the fan service is a little cringe at times but I have to admit it was a really fun time. Jackman is also just amazing

• Like 1

Post Endgame rankings:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

2. Spider-Man: Far From Home

3. Black Widow

4. Spider-Man: No Way Home

5. Shang-Chi

6. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

7. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

8. Eternals

9. Thor: Love and Thunder

10. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

11. Deadpool and Wolverine

12. The Marvels

Idk how people like Black Widow🤮

Imo, one of the worst films in history. Just absolute garbage CGI and fight choreography, two terrible villains, and terrible comedy. 

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Like 2