Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

5 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

Wish that hold was slightly better, but still a lot smaller than what Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning's 65% against Barbenheimer. 

Looking forward to seeing this one leg out like a champ after this weekend. 

Edited by Ryan C
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Still haven’t seen NWH. Is it as bad as everyone a lot of people say? 

A+ Cinema Score, 83% positive reviews on Metacritic, 93% critics score on RT and 90% from RT Top Critics, this gives you a hint on how bad it is 😅

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Wish that hold was slightly better, but still a lot smaller than what Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning's 65% against Barbenheimer. 

Looking forward to seeing this one leg out like a champ after this weekend. 

I'm curious about the international holds. Given how bad it opened last week presumably it might not have been impacted so much by screen capacity losses

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Will pass $300M domestically by next weekend!

Though my hope is that it can at least top out in the $340M range. That would be both right around where the first Minions movie ended its domestic run and also just above Despicable Me 3's domestic total adjusted for inflation ($339.4M).

The consistency of this franchise is just absolutely remarkable to see. 

8 minutes ago, leoh said:

A+ Cinema Score, 83% positive reviews on Metacritic, 93% critics score on RT and 90% from RT Top Critics, this gives you a hint on how bad it is 😅

we all know it's because of Tobey & Andrew. Not VFX or writing choices.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

19 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

not a terrible hold actually considering it lost loads of screens and show times. Should be able to leg out from here 

Edited by John Marston

@kayumanggi actually I think it’s a little higher than minions 2 at the same point so probably a little higher it’s crazy how much money these movies make and it’s awesome that we can have two animated movies do very well when one of them is massive

Just now, Unfitclock said:

@kayumanggi actually I think it’s a little higher than minions 2 at the same point so probably a little higher it’s crazy how much money these movies make and it’s awesome that we can have two animated movies do very well when one of them is massive

Yeah, Minions: The Rise of Gru was at $640M at the same exact point at the end of its fourth weekend. Despicable Me 4 is still ahead of its pace and even though it's most likely not getting to $1B, it should still top out with $900M worldwide.