Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

At 19:30 PST

$47,277,410 Reported from 2,813 Locs

a little early and only about 2/3 of locations...... i'll assume that means to expect closer to 60mil? Maybe?

6 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

Idk why we are doubting Gunn now dude has made 4 critically acclaimed comic book films 

It's 100% gonna be a banger. I don't doubt Gunn, I doubt the audience. DC and especially Superman are damaged goods. It's going to be an uphill battle for any of their movies that's aren't The Batman Part 2 or Joker. 

Edited by SaltyPistola
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

Idk why we are doubting Gunn now dude has made 4 critically acclaimed comic book films 

I don't think many are skeptical about the quality of the Superman film. It's the interest that simply might not be wide enough for it to be the success WB is probably expecting 

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Should be over. Wonder if it can be over Barbenheimer + MI7.

Are we talking about the combined totals for Deadpool and Wolverine and Twisters this weekend or the opening weekend for both Twisters and Deadpool and Wolverine combined?

If the latter is the case, then it should absolutely be above Barbenheimer. 

Edited by Ryan C

41 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

i don't doubt the reception it will get, what I do doubt is if people will show up in droves 

• Like 1

If a Superman movie is coming out during summer and it´s a banger like all other Gunns movies why wouldn´t audiences show up? Come on, WOM will make it a huge success. 750M+

Edited by thajdikt

DPW on track to score #6 OW with a small shot at #5. Will give MCU either top 5/6 or top 4/5. Not quite best for foxverse however — X2 and X3 both scored 4th biggest OWs at the time, albeit in an age where cinema was growing and more huge movies opened midweek for no particular reason

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joyous Legion said:

DPW on track to score #6 OW with a small shot at #5. Will give MCU either top 5/6 or top 4/5. Not quite best for foxverse however — X2 and X3 both scored 4th biggest OWs at the time, albeit in an age where cinema was growing and more huge movies opened midweek for no particular reason

How do you find this out?