Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

Hugh Jackman. Tobey Maguire aswell (But doubt that happens due to rights).

All of this is in Secret Wars, and yes these will create excitement but for that emotional connection, it'll have to be Cornerstones of MCU Infinity Saga going against each other.

Which is why honestly saying, this announcement has me excited for Secret Wars more than Doomsday.

I think no Matter what they do, Doomsday will be stuck by Phase 4 & Phase 5 mediocrity..... Secret Wars is where the meat lies.

13 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Another factor is they there is only 1 character who is going to create the adrenaline rush when going against RDJ. 

Cap, and actually even Spidey, but Evans vs RDJ will feed theaters.

Problem is, what else, bringing RDJ is you create excitement..... But it does not solve any of the issues that have been troubling MCU post EG. 

Evans will obviously be back. His post Endgame career has been mostly dreadful 

9 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

All of this is in Secret Wars, and yes these will create excitement but for that emotional connection, it'll have to be Cornerstones of MCU Infinity Saga going against each other.

Which is why honestly saying, this announcement has me excited for Secret Wars more than Doomsday.

I think no Matter what they do, Doomsday will be stuck by Phase 4 & Phase 5 mediocrity..... Secret Wars is where the meat lies.

Doomsday is basically a part 1 tbf. So that have to work to set it up well for SW

36 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Right. Deadpool is a comedy. This is the nature of comedies. Folks seem to forget this.

Wayne's World literally makes absolutely no sense. Walk Hard. Austin Powers. Wedding Crashers. The list goes on. But I think those are all great comedies.

Find this an oversimplification .

It's not comedies are not suppose to make sense . Just like any other stories,they have messages they convey and are judged on how such messages and of course how funny . They are a lot of comedies with simple straightforward plots and good esp sitcoms. 

Otherwise by your definition comedy just feels like it gives a writer leeway to write  anything that doesn't make sense.

Comedy just like any other genre takes effort and talent  often more delicate touch that even some genres like action.

In the case of DP&W . Previous entries still managed to do the same meta and fourthwall breaks but still managed to wrap it around a story.  This was bunch of loosely connected scenes for about large of chunks of the film. 

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

This is avenue of complaint is exhausting. People complaining about people not going to the movies and the ending of theatrical then complaining about there being movies people want to watch because they're not the films they personally want to see.  Complaining about the MCU refusing to die and then applauding the Minions 6th movie and Twisters is a bit much.

I can't speak for his perspective, but while I've accepted that superhero movies are a necessary part of the cinematic ecosystem and are never going to go away, it's not fun for me when they just utterly dominate the conversation the way they're doing right now. Heck, if this were still just all about Deadpool I'd be fine with it, but it is pretty mind numbing to read through a bunch of overreactions to a casting announcement for a movie two years away.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ryan C said:

I'm sorry, but nothing beats having a person who genuinely wants to see both franchise films and completely original movies to succeed. 

I have just the solution!

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 4

35 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I can't speak for his perspective, but while I've accepted that superhero movies are a necessary part of the cinematic ecosystem and are never going to go away, it's not fun for me when they just utterly dominate the conversation the way they're doing right now. Heck, if this were still just all about Deadpool I'd be fine with it, but it is pretty mind numbing to read through a bunch of overreactions to a casting announcement for a movie two years away.

Maybe it’s an overreaction to you, but that doesn’t apply for everyone else. 

11 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Maybe it’s an overreaction to you, but that doesn’t apply for everyone else. 

Nah I'm gonna say they are across the board because everyone's gonna see it regardless. The fact that it's even drawing such reactions is proof of that enough, and it's ultimately all just tedious posturing.

Edited by AniNate

3 hours ago, Ryan C said:

If Robert Eggers' Nosferatu somehow makes more than $300M domestically, then I will never complain about the world I live in ever again. 

If its anything like his previous movies then people will walk out after 15 mins like we did The Northman

I don't think this is going to be anything revolutionary that I'm about to stay here, and I'm sure you guys have mentioned this ad nauseam over the last couple years. 

The problem with a lot of the MCU movies post End game is that all of our emotions were so heavily invested in the finality of endgame that asking us to be invested in a whole new storyline was asking a lot in my opinion. The reason why the Spider-Man movies still continue to do well post end game is that it still had its DNA in The Avengers world and in Tony Stark. But we spent more than a decade developing love and a relationship with the Avengers that when Tony dies and Thanos is killed and captain America's got his different timeline everything just felt like it was wrapped up with a nice tiny bow. 

Then they were asking us to start something brand new. I equate it to training for a decade for triathlon. You win that triathlon but the toll is taken on your body and your mind means that you just need a rest. Then someone comes to you a week after you've won and says hey there's another triathlon that's starting up next month you want to be in it? Hell no I don't want to be in it I gave my blood sweat and tears to that triathlon I just want to rest for a while. 

Deadpool increasing every movie is partially because again in my opinion, he was outside the MCU before Fox got bought up by disney. Now you've got everything coming together with the fantastic four and Deadpool and the X-Men and I would assume somewhere down the line they're all going to cross over in one of the next three avenger movies. 

I guess I'm just rambling here I don't really know how to close off this point except to say that even though I think bringing Robert Downey Jr back into the MCU in an Avengers film would be like killing off Indiana Jones and then bringing him back down the road as the main villain in an Indiana Jones movie. 

I don't necessarily like it but I'm sure it's going to get a lot of renewed interest in the Avengers and the mcu.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

RDJ was ironman MCU best character now gets to play marvels most iconic villain .. . I understand the choice but I'm bummed bse I feel we should have got another actor sinking their teeth into this role. 

Cast a high profile actor  for Doom ,make avengers  5 a low stake story to unite our new avengers  team  and make doomsday and secrets war your 2 parter to give things more room to breath.

Everything about this is so rushed and wricks of desperacy to plug holes.

And once again having RDJ now become villain is less bold, feels very safe and the most predictable thing  MCU in their state could have done.

Just because it's not the ironman variant we expected don't change that.

This would kill all momentum for secret wars.