Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

4 minutes ago, YM! said:

All this talk and back and forth of the nature of cinema and the domination of superhero movies and we are missing one important thing that no one is talking about. The most important thing is that I'd drink Cassandra Nova’s bathwater.

throw up team america GIF

• Haha 1

Fantastic opening by D&W. Raved by audiences. 

And truly a cinematic masterpiece. One that has many talking. The film bros are passionate about it. They're nervous and mesmerized at the same time how such cinematic achievement can make so much money. The drama, the stakes, the very well thought out plot...the bros already left Furiosa behind. Deadpool is what's up.

As we've seen from these Last pages, the passion for a such Oscar caliber movie is getting everyone on their toes and excited for the future of the prestige movies market. Everyone is still a bit weirded out...how did Deadpool and Wolverine made it when others completely failed? Question that will be answered in time. How did The Fabelmans fail? How did Furiosa fail? Many more.

I say...they don't have such a deep and well constructed plot. They don't have enough stakes to fit 205M in the Opening Weekend. The Cinematography puts those movies shame. The grey look in Deadpool is out of this world and bros love that shit.

All Hail Cinema!!

Edited by justnumbers
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Fantastic opening by D&W. Raved by audiences. 

And truly a cinematic masterpiece. One that has many talking. The film bros are passionate about it. They're nervous and mesmerized at the same time how such cinematic achievement can make so much money. The drama, the stakes, the very well thought out plot...the bros already left Furiosa behind. Deadpool is what's up.

As we've seen from these Last pages, the passion for a such Oscar caliber movie is getting everyone on their toes and excited for the future of the prestige movies market. Everyone is still a bit weirded out...how did Deadpool and Wolverine made it when others completely failed? Question that will be answered in time. How did The Fabelmans fail? How did Furiosa fail? Many more.

I say...they don't have such a deep and well constructed plot. They don't have enough stakes to fit 205M in the Opening Weekend. The Cinematography puts those movies shame. The grey look in Deadpool is out of this world and bros love that shit.

All Hail Cinema!!

Wall Street Journal seems to agree with you:

Joy Gould Boyum, The Wall Street Journal: "There's something depressing about seeing all these impressive cinematic gifts and all this extraordinary technological skills lavished on such puerile materials. Perhaps more important is what this seems to accomplish: the canonization of comic book culture which in turn becomes the triumph of the standardized, the simplistic, mass-produced commercial artifacts of our time. It's the triumph of camp—that sentiment which takes delight in the awful simply because it's awful. We enjoyed such stuff as children, but one would think there would come a time when we might put away childish things."

Spoiler

Except this absolute gem of film review was published back in 1977 about an indie film called Star Wars.

Cyclical film bro drivel might actually be my favorite type of copypasta.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB111653109523538302

Ke Huy Quan Reading GIF by Marvel Studios

• Like 5
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

throw up team america GIF

Have you seen the movie? Have you seen what she could do? First MCU character that is likely a freak in the sheets.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Have you seen the movie? Have you seen what she could do? First MCU character that is likely a freak in the sheets.

I just hope that there is a pattern and Vanessa Kirby is truly into Latinos like Sue Richards. That means that I might have a chance.

31 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Perhaps more important is what this seems to accomplish: the canonization of comic book culture which in turn becomes the triumph of the standardized, the simplistic, mass-produced commercial artifacts of our time. It's the triumph of camp—that sentiment which takes delight in the awful simply because it's awful. We enjoyed such stuff as children, but one would think there would come a time when we might put away childish things."

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

5 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Why is title misleading.. DOM is at 211m 

Isn’t misleading. That was the official word. No need to change it before we get official numbers in some hours.

This fact is just crazy.

Deadpool & Wolverine opened just under Captain Marvel worldwide.

But Deadpool & Wolverine more than doubled Captain Marvel 2’s worldwide total in 3 days. 

It honestly sounds like a riddle 😂 

• Like 1

Secret Invasion was so terrible I actually blocked the fact that I saw it out of my mind. That goes under Quantumania. Give it a month before I wipe all trace of that show from my memory again. That one hurt the most because I was the most excited for that one out of anything on the slate for last year. 

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This fact is just crazy.

Deadpool & Wolverine opened just under Captain Marvel worldwide.

But Deadpool & Wolverine more than doubled Captain Marvel 2’s worldwide total in 3 days. 

It honestly sounds like a riddle 😂 

Captain Marvel was like homework. The sequel was optional homework

• Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, wattage said:

Secret Invasion was so terrible I actually blocked the fact that I saw it out of my mind. That goes under Quantumania. Give it a month before I wipe all trace of that show from my memory again. That one hurt the most because I was the most excited for that one out of anything on the slate for last year. 

It was the D+ show I was most excited for. Only good out of it was that it made Marvel change everything about how they approach tv

9 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I would very much argue The Boys is overstaying it's welcome, and it becoming a franchise makes its satire weak. Like, it's hard to laugh at a scene where they parody slate reveals when they just annouced a spinoff with Stormfront as one of its leads.

Satire always suffers when reality becomes too close to it, which is why satire sometimes can be so hard to make; reality truly can be stranger than fiction.

The Boys had already lost some power in Season 3 when they had to ramp up Homelander’s craziness and evilness 

because too many weirdos were starting to see him as the hero of the story.

This general media illiteracy is another reason satire is really hard to make.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

It was the D+ show I was most excited for. Only good out of it was that it made Marvel change everything about how they approach tv

I'm thankful that everyone realized with this being a nightmare and She Hulk production being smooth and amazing, that the model of making TV shows that's existed for decades works for a reason. If it ain't broke don't fix it basically. I do think that any future shows will be a lot better than... whatever that was. We'll call it growing pains.

I was in full cope mode for weeks. "It has to get better eventually" and "well the finale will bring it all together" in the final stretch of episodes. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Sometimes I wonder how much they must've paid Olivia Coleman despite giving her nothing to do for six episodes.