Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

17 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

The Boys was never good.

Please. The boys is better than most CM adaptations right now. Homelander is more interesting than anyone in the MCU right now too

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I'm happy to report that Deadpool 3 is awesome. I finally saw it just now, and it was an utter blast. Admittedly it wasn't quite as cool as the first two movies from a filmmaking standpoint, but the fun factor is as great as ever. Ryan is still just as funny as before, but Hugh was just out of this world. He was just incredible. The hasty start during the strikes left me concerned, but thankfully they managed to make a great movie in the end. Let's hope Captain America 4 secures a similar happy landing next year.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1
  • ...wtf 2

10 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I would very much argue The Boys is overstaying it's welcome, and it becoming a franchise makes its satire weak. Like, it's hard to laugh at a scene where they parody slate reveals when they just annouced a spinoff with Stormfront as one of its leads.

renews cbs GIF

They became what they mocked 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Boys had a great first season . Season 2 and 3 are still good but it got way up it's ass and some elements got sloppy.

Homelander and butcher  are the only intersecting characters  now. Hughie and crew have progressively gotten less interesting . 

God that plane scene in season 1 still gives me chills. 

• Like 2

211M in 3 days is almost as big as Multiverse of Madness Tuesday total of 213M and Wakanda Forever Wednesday Total of also 213M. 

Depending how Monday will go it will comfortably sit above MoM and WF full week gross. 

• Astonished 2

1 minute ago, NGGKroze said:

211M in 3 days is almost as big as Multiverse of Madness Tuesday total of 213M and Wakanda Forever Wednesday Total of also 213M. 

Depending how Monday will go it will comfortably sit above MoM and WF full week gross. 

Easily . Opened 25-30M above and  summer weekdays.  So not surprising.

12 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

Please. The boys is better than most CM adaptations right now. Homelander is more interesting than anyone in the MCU right now too

Meh, The Boys is pretty much trash.

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Meh, The Boys is pretty much trash.

Its no masterpiece but trash? Nah, ill take it over 90% of comic book movies since endgame. Anthony Star just nails it

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

The MCU now has 6 200m+ opening weekend openers. Just insane 

I wonder of Disney take the right lesson from this and move onto more R rated comicbook content considering the popularity of shows like the Boys and the fact this is their biggest post pandemic opener 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

The MCU now has 6 200m+ opening weekend openers. Just insane 

The timing on these has shaped up in a funny way -- mcu got the first, then next 3 were from other franchises going to 1/4 mcu. Then next 5 in a row all mcu so now 6/9

• Like 1

My personal thing about a movie being bad is if it’s boring. Like mind numbingly boring. Like even if the movie is insanely bad? If it’s entertaining and fun I can watch it 

Deadpool and Wolverine was anything but boring for me. So….

and by the way, no, this wasn’t a terrible movie for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeroHour said:

Sometimes I wonder how much they must've paid Olivia Coleman despite giving her nothing to do for six episodes.

I’m struggling to think of a bigger single waste of an acting talent that significant in the MCU…

• Haha 2

Well that was an insane opening for D&Wolvie.  Comic fans have been staving for something after "Marvels" and "Madam Webb" underperformed.  Ironically though this film is Deadpool joining the MCU, it felt more like a love letter to the entire Fox X-Men Series.   DP had a 135 OW and broke the R-rated record.   It also surpassed "Matrix Reloaded" as the biggest R-Rated Film globally.   DP2 made 126 OW and now DP&Wolvie will break the R-rated record and now is the first R-rated film to open to 200 Million.  It will also surpass "Passion of the Christ" domestically.  It just missed "Jurassic World" WW but again it's R-rated. 

The Film provided what it needed as far as laughs, cameos, nostalgia and action.  It also brought in not just MCU fans but Fox X-Men fans as well and X-Men fans in general.  Now despite great opening, sadly R-rated films have a harder ceiling when it comes to legs.  Sunday's drop was good but I could see this being slightly frontloaded like a lot of comic films.   "Bad Boys" managed over a 3x Multiplier Domestic.   That would put this at well over 600 Domestic so if it can pull that, it would be great.   But let's be clear, "DP" was already a box office juggernaut as an R-Rated film.  With the MCU Brand of course it took it even higher.  But this was a situation where a Sequel and the right Legacy Nostalgia connected again.  Sequels are really dominating this year.   

Was hoping for a sub-50% drop for "Twisters" but clearly it was hurt by DP&Wolvie.   It's still doing good domestically.  I'mnot sure why WW is a little low considering the original did 495 WW.  Also most Disaster films actually do well overseas (Day after tomorrow, 2012, San Andreas etc). "IO2" crossed 1.5 Billion but it's slowing down.   "The Lion King" and "Jurassic World" are the next milestones, can it make it?.   "DM4" is chugging along and still doing well, 350 Domestic is beyond a lock now.  400 is going to take some holds.   "Longlegs" again kept the budget in the check so it's working as horror counterprogramming.   Sadly "Bad Boys" is stalling right now at 191 Domestically.  It crossed 200 Million OS.  It just hit streaming too.  But it hit 395 Worldwide so 400 Million is a lock.    Overall great weekend and probably the last hurray of the Summer.  We got a few films I'm looking forward to in August but this wasn't as bad of a Summer as many thought it would be.  

Edited by filmscholar

17 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

I wonder of Disney take the right lesson from this and move onto more R rated comicbook content considering the popularity of shows like the Boys and the fact this is their biggest post pandemic opener 

I know they did say Blade will be Rated R but I doubt that's coming out, soooo.....

• Like 1