Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

Do WE think someday an original movie like Titanic or avatar will Make 1.5b and be on top 10 highest grossing movies ? 

18 hours ago, wattage said:

I manifested. Be the change you want to see! 

Edit: trying to reply to my twisters 4DX post...

Edited by wattage

1 hour ago, Hades said:

I doubt a FOXmen film like D and W will be boosting the Marvel films next year. Guardians 3 did not even help the Marvels

I think it helps because, well, Deadpool is in the MCU and everyone knows that now, but I do think the same as you that this film felt much more like a FOXmen (hey, I liked that) movie, which, as a huge fan of those X-Men movies, I thought was very sweet actually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cooldude97 said:

if Alien Romulus is Good i think we could see rated R blockbusters become a lot more common 

My dream would obviously be a R-Rated Jurassic Park movie, i. e. a JP horror survival movie. We wont ever get it, but one can dream.

2 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

if Alien Romulus is Good i think we could see rated R blockbusters become a lot more common 

I've been burned too many times on the sequels after Aliens. At this point I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.

3 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

I mean they're already pretty common. We just had one do a $200mil+ opening weekend, and we've got another couple coming this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

I'm not sure about this just yet... It's not like the first two Deadpool movies weren't extremely successful as R rated movies and we didn't an influx of R rated. Alien is an R rated franchise. Even if it has huge success, I don't see it. Other Alien movies have been or at least opened big that were R.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I've been burned too many times on the sequels after Aliens. At this point I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.

I just want to be proven wrong about Alien not being strong enough to be a theatrically viable franchise. Romulus might just finally be the attempt that might actually work in turning Alien to a semi-big science-fiction/horror franchise. 

Only sad part is that 20th Century Fox couldn't do it and now it will be under Disney if it does work. 

Romulus being a success would just mean more Alien movies get fast-tracked. Even if it's a disappointment, it's a franchise Disney/Fox will never stop trying to make relevant again