Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

16 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I think this is to optimistic. 

Joker: 500-600m

Venom. 500-600m

Cap 4. 300-400m

Thunderbolts. 400-500m

Superman 500-600m

F4. 300-400m

And you`re wayyyyy pessimistic. 

Joker will be Uuuuuuge. O/U 1B

V3 should rise from V2

Cap4 will not only make 300-400 mill. Much more

Thunderbolts could surprise. Who knows

Supes should do more

F4 in the MCU with Galactus doing 300 mill WW…. Nahhhhh. 500 minimum

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I think this is to optimistic. 

Joker: 500-600m

Venom. 500-600m

This is not optimistic, this is foolish, Joker will make at least twice more than Venom

16 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Once word about joker being a musical gets out with WOM it could crater

People already know it's musical, whether it caters or not will depend entirely on its quality.

F4 will probs be around 700m

Cap 4 maybe 600m

Thunderbolts* will do like 200m, 300m at best.

Superman will at least hit 700m. Feel like it'll break out big time

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Must have been that small section of 20-25 yr males too cool for comedy weighing in down.  That's why it needed more 14 yr olds. :bop:

You may be right. 20-25 male is the ultimate Nolan demo lmao

28 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

This is not optimistic, this is foolish, Joker will make at least twice more than Venom

Pretty dubious. Venom probably 600+ and joker 1B unclear 

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Fantastic Four is being severely underestimated. 

Yup. The hype is high for that. All the casting stuff that has been so highest speculated for years. 100M-110M is likely. 

6 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Cap 4 has a chance to do well while Thunderbolts I have little hope in.

Really? I must be in the minority here but I think Thunderbolts has more potential for a breakout but also could easily be another The Marvels. I think Cap 4 is going to be like Twisters, great money DOM and very little OS. 

3 hours ago, BK007 said:

These days I mainly check the-numbers for dailies since BOM is a terrible experience, but, how does Bruce Nash run a site for 30 years and still manage such ridiculous predictions?

With the $38.5m previews, he is predicting $278m OW. I don't follow along enough anymore to know extrapolations but thought, really, 2nd highest OW of all time? 

Came here and people were hoping to hit $200m. 

I've been following the IO2 run and he would consistently predict drops in the 20s for the weekend even though Thursday week-on-week drops were already in the 40s.

3 hours ago, Ryan C said:

I love The Numbers and I use it religiously for box office numbers (after BOM became a dumpster fire), but I do agree that when it comes to their "Weekend Predictions," it is a far cry from where it was pre-Covid. It's also the same thing when it comes to covering the entire weekend as a whole.

Especially now that the pandemic is far behind us, I don't understand why The Numbers has never gone back to their old style of box office reporting. I loved it and it felt a lot more trustworthy and proficient, but now it just kind of seems like they are still trying to run with what they used during COVID, even if it's giving them unrealistic numbers like the Deadpool and Wolverine one you just mentioned. 

I can confirm that even pre-Covid The-Numbers predictions were often way off. 

They predicted a $15m opening weekend and $35m total for Freddy vs Jason, and it did $36m in 3 days. That one always sticks out in my mind. 

But I like their website for….the numbers! 

(And jeez that was 21 years ago, this has been a long hobby)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If this cracks $100M OD, then all $100M+ ODs will be MCU or Star Wars. And all Disney. 

Couldn't go to a more deserving group of movies

...and if it doesn't crack 100M, then all 100M+ ODs will still be MCU or Star Wars...?

like...huh?

• Haha 7

Joker will be gigantic. I don’t think it beats Deadpool DOM, but the first Joker did 744m OS. Over 1b WW for Joker 2 is happening. And the reception to trailers has been amazing. Both views wise and likes wise, on par with DW or bigger. The interest is definitely there. The movie just has to be good, and judging by the Venice comments from the director of the festival, it looks to be another stellar reception.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

...and if it doesn't crack 100M, then all 100M+ ODs will still be MCU or Star Wars...?

like...huh?

True lmao, my comment was pretty redundant (and well I guess the "all Disney" part is kinda flimsy with NWH but that's made by Disney so whatever)

Real question is when will a non-MCU/Star Wars movie have a 100+ OD? 

Edited by HummingLemon496

4 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

People online way overestimate how much GA appeal the FF have.

Nah you guys underestimate it. Some of y’all act like it’s going to do The Marvels levels. 500M is the floor 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

People online way overestimate how much GA appeal the FF have.

They can be appealing if the Johnny/Spidey friendship is played up in the MCU, Franklin and Valeria are introduced as mutants (they will be Latino in the MCU thanks to Pascal's casting so that should be exciting for LATAM) and Doom has limitless potential.

Tho I'm not sure these things will come into effect right from the first film (have the kids even been cast? Considering Pascal and Kirby's ages, they should exist)