Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

The Cap 3 trailer was edited. The assassination attempt is gone.

It reminds me how the twin towers Spider-man trailer was yanked.

That was a damn good teaser trailer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Given the circumstances,  I think removing the assissination attempt from the trailer is a no brainer.

But it will still be in the movie, I am sure since it almost certainly a major plot point.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

At the AMC I used to work at, my manager  had an original SM poster of the one where the twin towers are seen in his eye. The one that also got taken out post-9/11. It was in his office and still in pristine condition like it was brand new.

• Like 1

Anyone good with adjusting for ticket prices? Curious what Deadpool 2016 would be at 2024 prices, gotta be like 175 or so right

24 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Awesome! 

Though if it does end up hitting 37M in previews (please be higher), it would need an IM that's just above 5.4 to hit $200M. I guess with the audience reception being so high that would make sense, but that seems a bit high for a movie like this still in the heat of summer. Let alone hitting a IM of 5.68 to hit $210M.

I hope this happens, but we'll know more by tomorrow's offical preview numbers. 

P.S. (I had a blast with the movie!)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Awesome! 

Though if it does end up hitting 37M in previews (please be higher), it would need an IM that's just above 5.4 to hit $200M. I guess with the audience reception being so high that would make sense, but that seems a bit high for a movie like this still in the heat of summer. Let alone hitting a IM of 5.68 to hit $210M.

I hope this happens, but we'll know more by tomorrow's official preview numbers. 

P.S. (I had a blast with the movie!)

Cutie.

Deadpool & Wolverine will require a multiplier of at least 5.41 to clear 200m OW if that 37m preview stands. Doable but not guaranteed. Below are multipliers for some relevant movies

• Deadpool 2 - 6.74
  • Infinity War - 6.62
  • Endgame - 5.95
  • Shang Chi - 8.58 (3 day multiplier, was Labor Day weekend)
  • Eternals - 7.5
  • Spiderman No Way Home- 5.2
  • BP: Wakanda Forever- 6.475
  • Doctor Strange : MOM - 5.205
  • Thor Love & Thunder - 4.97
  • Ant Man 3 - 6.06 (3 day multipler, was a 4 day long weekend)
  • GOTG3 - 6.77
  • The Marvels - 6.98

I think the multiplier will be closer to NWH/MOM than Infinity War/Endgame. 

• Like 3

It's truly astonishing to me that Dr. Strange 2 did a $90 million opening day. If you look at the top 15 opening days of all time like I just did, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Every other one was from a mindblowing box office run from a relatively memorable movie - except for Wakanda Forever. Weird Marvel year that was. I'm not huge fan or hater of Deadpool in either direction but this run already feels more memorable than either of those. Good for it, and a very hot time at the box office currently.

• Like 5

Well. I thought deadpool and wolverine was god awful and love the first 2 films.

Calling it a movie would be generous. It's a thinly connected collection of cameos and callbacks. Jokes that are unfunny once get repeated constantly. I must have lost count at the needle drop to ironic pop song at about 10 times.

The action was repetitive and boring. The plot was almost non existent. Most of the humor doesn't land.

This was just bad. Man. I'm so let down.

3/10

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Deadpool & Wolverine will require a multiplier of at least 5.41 to clear 200m OW if that 37m preview stands. Doable but not guaranteed. Below are multipliers for some relevant movies

• Deadpool 2 - 6.74
  • Infinity War - 6.62
  • Endgame - 5.95
  • Shang Chi - 8.58 (3 day multiplier, was Labor Day weekend)
  • Eternals - 7.5
  • Spiderman No Way Home- 5.2
  • BP: Wakanda Forever- 6.475
  • Doctor Strange : MOM - 5.205
  • Thor Love & Thunder - 4.97
  • Ant Man 3 - 6.06 (3 day multipler, was a 4 day long weekend)
  • GOTG3 - 6.77
  • The Marvels - 6.98

I think the multiplier will be closer to NWH/MOM than Infinity War/Endgame. 

MOM had poor reception, it tanked on Sunday itself.

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's truly astonishing to me that Dr. Strange 2 did a $90 million opening day. If you look at the top 15 opening days of all time like I just did, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Every other one was from a mindblowing box office run from a relatively memorable movie - except for Wakanda Forever. Weird Marvel year that was. I'm not huge fan or hater of Deadpool in either direction but this run already feels more memorable than either of those. Good for it, and a very hot time at the box office currently.

Honestly if Wakanda Forever releases now ,it would have done way better. 

MOM on the other hand , victim of leaks. The insiders hyped cameos so much that people thought we were getting like 100 cameos lol