kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

We are talking Ryan Reynolds here. Dude is one of the most clevers motherfuckers in Hollywood. The rest of the year at the box office is a graveyard other than Joker 2.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get something crazy like Deadpool and Wolverine (Taylor’s Version) before the theatrical run is over. If anything, expecting a Deadpool film to pull off crazy ass stunts comes with the territory at this point.

Wtf? Beetlejuice should do well in September. Moana will almost definitely gross more WW than DP&W.

This is exciting but these types of movies are always a bit frontloaded. Realistically still thinking 550M~ DOM until we see insane holds.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

$650m is not happening, Monday hold was fine but nothing crazy

I agree wholeheartedly and with the utmost conviction.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wtf? Beetlejuice should do well in September. Moana will almost definitely gross more WW than DP&W.

This is exciting but these types of movies are always a bit frontloaded. Realistically still thinking 550M~ DOM until we see insane holds.

I didn’t even remember that Beetlejuice 2 was a thing. But yeah I’m still very bullish and confident that this is going NWH but with clever and perfected stunts to keep printing money and I wouldn’t be surprised that a version of what I said here happens and keeps the momentum going.

Edited by ZattMurdock

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

T2, no?

Ah, it is. BOM shows it's number 2 for the year, but when I checked the yearly list itself it's number 1.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Ah, it is. BOM shows it's number 2 for the year, but when I checked the yearly list itself it's number 1.

BOM, what a site it was, and what it has become.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I didn’t even remember that Beetlejuice 2 was a thing. But yeah I’m still very bullish and confident that this is going NWH but with clever and perfected stunts to keep printing money and I wouldn’t be surprised that a version of what I said here happens and keeps the momentum going.

Yeah. Not sure. It already grossed less than Barbie on its first Monday. We'll need to wait and see. Can't get much better WOM than Barbie. 

Regardless, remarkable numbers for DP&W.

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

BOM, what a site it was, and what it has become.

True. It can be frustrating. Just a few days ago, they had INSIDE OUT's [2015] numbers at 700M+ putting it in the all-time top 10 domestic. 😅

59 minutes ago, Nero said:

Never again? Bro we have Spidey to come n next Avengers. I won't be surprised if fantastic four or some other movie breaks out in between 

Yeah ofc, but rdj announces his return alongside the weekend D@W had. Insane.

I do think one driver for Deadpool & Wolverines success is that probably many Marvel Fans who felt that Phase 4/5 is disappointing and that theres just way too many Marvel movies/shows out now, just wanted to have the "good old" Marvel movie Fun back that movies like The Avengers (2012), GOTG or Thor Ragnarok oozed. I think people who thought that stuff like Eternals, The Marvels, She-Hulk etc was bad, waited for a movie like this.

Coupled with the fact that Deadpools prior two movies were received very well and Logan (2017) made sure that Hugh Jackmanns Wolverine is now more beloved than ever, it was kinda like a perfect storm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

As per BOM, 2024 is now just behind 2022 by 2.3%. 2023 is still way ahead of it. 18.3%.

2023 had a weak Fall/Winter, so there are definitely some gains to be made there.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

$650m is not happening, Monday hold was fine but nothing crazy

While I do agree with you, that 650M is highly unlikely to happen but I won't say 0% either. It really has no competition for rest of summer plus has great WOM so you never know, if it ends up with some crazy legs to hit 650M domestic.

• Like 2

It’s fast paced. Has great action, emotional anchoring for the protagonist, villain who slays, and is just a ton of fun. Not much bad cgi either, can only thing of one moment really where it was something noticeable. But the most important the humor hits. Seen it a couple of times now and ever time the audience are having a blast with the jokes in a way I’ve haven’t really seen post Endgame. People have wanted this from marvel. It reminds them of the old ones as @Brainbug points out. It’s just great time.

Rewatch value is great aswell. Hope they keep this a long time in theaters only. Marvel reverting and splitting up into Studios, Television, and Animation is great aswell. The big guys like Feige needs to focus on the movies going forward. 

• Like 2

I've watched it 3 times and crowd were enjoying it fully all the times.

Just makes me realize the difference between Internet and Audiences, when many people in twitter and reddit and here were saying that humor was hit or miss, but crowd were laughing at almost everything.

Hit after Hit after Hit if i talk about crowd reaction to jokes in this movie.

• Like 2

After its massive and record-breaking opening weekend, Marvel/Disney’s Deadpool & Wolverine is quickly on its way across the $500M global box office mark. With Monday’s numbers included, the duo have slashed their way to $496.3M worldwide. When today’s figures are factored in, the Shawn Levy-directed hit will have handily crossed the five-century milestone.

Monday tallied another $26.5M from all overseas markets which was 13% of the debut weekend. This lifts the international box office cume to $260.5M through yesterday. Domestic is at $235.8M.

Yesterday, Disney upped its total from the opening weekend to $444.1M versus the $438.3M estimate that was reported on Sunday. Largely, the difference came from an even bigger domestic performance: The studio’s Sunday estimate was $205M for North America, which increased to $211M when the actuals were calculated on Monday. The offshore launch number dipped by a smidge to $233.1M versus $233.3M.

48 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Moana will almost definitely gross more WW than DP&W.

I have my doubts about Moana but I'm also one of the worst forecasters of box office we have here. 🤪

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

2023 had a weak Fall/Winter, so there are definitely some gains to be made there.

Yup. It's gonna be close. At least five movies can possibly make 150M each or more.

JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX
MOANA II

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG III

GLADIATOR

MUFASA: THE LION KING

WICKED

VENOM

TRANSFORMERS ONE

THE WILD ROBOT

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 3

So a fight broke out during a Deadpool and Wolverine screening in Brazil. It’s going viral here and on Discussing Film and I was about to post the video here but it’s from inside the movie theater so I will move that to the spoilers thread.

Brazil is truly the best country in the world. I love it here.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yup. It's gonna be close. Seven movies can make 150M each or more.

On June 8th I said this:

After this weekend, 2023 had THREE more $200+ mil movies.

Anyone wanna guess how many 2024 has left? Probably 9+

We've since added 3 of my predicted 9. Twisters is probably getting there, so that's 4/9.

The rest of the contenders:
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

The Wild Robot

Joker: Folie a Deux

Gladiator 2

Moana 2

Wicked

Mufasa: The Lion King

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

So 5 of those 8 need to hit to get 9.

• Like 4