kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

IO2 should beat Avengers by end of this weekend. Next 2 weeks are the key with still strong summer weekdays. Then the weekdays wont be that strong and it has to rely on strong weekend holds. Labor day expansion is incoming for sure for further boost its BO. I am still a believer in Top 10 DOM finish 🙂

• Like 4

I don't feel like theaters are gonna be that inclined to ditch IO2 this next month, so if its nominal legs are consistent with TS4's PTA drops that would get it over $650mil by Labor Day

33 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Is that IO2s best week to week drop ever? 

Yep it is. Well., it might be tied with the first Sunday to Sunday drop. Both 19%

Even though a small number of schools are back in, it still had only a 44% drop from Sunday to Monday. 😲 Last week of July is usually strong like that.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yep it is. Well., it might be tied with the first Sunday to Sunday drop. Both 19%

Even though a small number of schools are back in, it still had only a 44% drop from Sunday to Monday. 😲 Last week of July is usually strong like that.

We have districts starting school late July !!! My younger one is going back to school next tuesday but that is still tiny part of overall schools that we wont see impact until Mid August. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@baumer While I'd love to join your under 50% drop, you really need to drop the previews out of your calculations first :) I'd take your call a win with anything over 86.5m which would be roughly 50% from the TFriday-Sunday. Not that you don't know that one old timer to another. 

Logically you are 100% correct. I'm just going on blind Faith and a leap of faith lol. The audience score being A+ and the amount of content I've been seeing on social media about people loving this movie just gives me a bit of optimism thinking that I could be correct. Like I said, you make much more sense than I do but it's just my gut saying we might see something special this weekend.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

We have districts starting school late July !!! My younger one is going back to school next tuesday but that is still tiny part of overall schools that we wont see impact until Mid August. 

Yup. Our district here in TX starts on Monday. Crazy early but we also have a 4 day week so they run earlier and then later to make up.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Logically you are 100% correct. I'm just going on blind Faith and a leap of faith lol. The audience score being A+ and the amount of content I've been seeing on social media about people loving this movie just gives me a bit of optimism thinking that I could be correct. Like I said, you make much more sense than I do but it's just my gut saying we might see something special this weekend.

And that's why we love you 😉  keep the faith lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Yup. Our district here in TX starts on Monday. Crazy early but we also have a 4 day week so they run earlier and then later to make up.

4 day week is bad for the kids 😞 But this is mostly due to lack of funding. 

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

4 day week is bad for the kids 😞 But this is mostly due to lack of funding. 

Eh, our testing has improved the past few years even with the covid issues (this is fall 6! Dang where did time go.) So whatever metrics they use to track it's benefit or hindrance hasnt fallen. 

Parents dislike it more due to the work / childcare issues at least here. 

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I've noticed more schools especially in the south are moving to mid-summer starts with an extended fall break in October. Probably a reason why TfOne and Wild Robot are preferring to bank on September releases now instead of August.

• Like 1

Unlike RDJ that can easily create a big problem for them, Marvel made a genius casting with Pedro Pascal for Fantastic Four 

Once again, Latinos was the driving force of Deadpool OW. If they nailed the character, i think Pascal can be a huge draw for Latin audiences next year.

I’m not sure what to think about Captain 4 and Thunderbolts, but i’m confident FF will be a big success for them coming of D&W

25 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Unlike RDJ that can easily create a big problem for them, Marvel made a genius casting with Pedro Pascal for Fantastic Four 

Once again, Latinos was the driving force of Deadpool OW. If they nailed the character, i think Pascal can be a huge draw for Latin audiences next year.

I’m not sure what to think about Captain 4 and Thunderbolts, but i’m confident FF will be a big success for them coming of D&W

I think Pedro Pascal could be a draw in general due to popularity, not especifically for Latin audience.

Honestly, I'm not sure Latin actors are really a big draw for Latin audience. I mean, Deapool 3 attracted a lot of Latinos, but there wasn't a main latin character.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1