kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Unlike RDJ that can easily create a big problem for them, Marvel made a genius casting with Pedro Pascal for Fantastic Four 

Once again, Latinos was the driving force of Deadpool OW. If they nailed the character, i think Pascal can be a huge draw for Latin audiences next year.

I’m not sure what to think about Captain 4 and Thunderbolts, but i’m confident FF will be a big success for them coming of D&W

Yeah, I have a pretty good feeling about The Fantastic Four next year. 

There's just a lot of goodwill towards that film (between the cast, the setting, the visual aesthetic) in a way there isn't much for Brave New World or Thunderbolts. I'm sure the next two Avengers movies will be massive hits, but I'll be most intrigued by how Fantastic Four does. 

If it does manage to become a hit, it would definitely make me a lot more excited for Marvel's future. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kon said:

I think Pedro Pascal could be a draw in general due to popularity, not especifically for Latin audience.

Honestly, I'm not sure Latin actors are really a big draw for Latin audience. I mean, Deapool 3 attracted a lot of Latinos, but there wasn't a main latin character.

They are. I think Hollywood is just stuck in the idea that Latino actors have to lead Latino stories, even in some Latino country if possible. 

This idea of representation that appeal to many demographics doesn’t seem to appeal at all to Latino audiences. It’s more a problem of story choices than the actors imo. 

Pascal as Reed in a retro scifi movie otherwise seems like something else, i’ve seen plenty of virals for it since Saturday. But you’re right, it’ll be a draw in general, just probably boost the draw even more with Latin audiences.

Edited by ThomasNicole

10 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

I’m kind of surprised at that Inside Out 2 hold. That’s stellar. I’m more and more confident in it getting past 650m DOM

IO2 will be the biggest film of the year no matter well D&W keeps doing. Kind of sad we already knew the winner in mid June.

Edited by Mojoguy

Great hold for Animated movies .

I think we should made comparaison for the rest of the week with the last years.

D&W : Mix with Barbenheimer and Lion King .

DM4 and IO2 : Elemental and ATSV

LongLegs : Insidious 5 and Talk To Me

Twisters : MI7.

This coming off a Rated R film and from two characters that were never that big in China seems mighty impressive to me. It’s so weird to see some sort of cognitive dissonance between how this film is performing in China to how it’s been reported by some here. This doesn’t look like the MCU is on its last legs in China whatsoever. 

For some perspective, Deadpool 2 made $42m total from China last time around. Logan made around $106m. If this follows close to Vol. 3 which made $86m last year I see it as an absolute win. Rated R content is a hard sell in China, let alone rated R western comedies. It’s not about being a MCU film or not. 

• Like 3

I’m expecting both Inside Out 2 and Deadpool & Wolverine around nearly $620 million and $300 million domestic at the end of the week respectively before heading into the weekend.

Edited by Migs20242

The Superhero bros on twitter have started the No Cultural Impact jabs at Inside Out 2. Why? Because no one talks about it in nerd spaces lol 

DPW becoming the 3rd/4th highest grosser of the year shouldn’t make anyone insecure. 

Edited by todos

4 minutes ago, todos said:

The Superhero bros on twitter have started the No Cultural Impact jabs at Inside Out 2. Why? Because no one talks about it in nerd spaces lol 

DPW becoming the 3rd/4th highest grosser of the year shouldn’t make anyone insecure. 

Being terminally online is one hell of a drug. 

WdVpQO9.png

x7ARLP4.png

There is literally nothing there.

dee reynolds fetch GIF

‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Breaks Another R-Rated Box Office Record On Tuesday, Holds Steady With $24M

https://deadline.com/2024/07/deadpool-wolverine-tuesday-box-office-record-1236027253/

Yesterday Deadline had 21.5M and it ended up at 24.4M+. Same jump from 24 would take D&W over 27M for Tuesday but regardless, a strong hold is coming for Tuesday.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 4