kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Michael Giacchino has fastly become my favorite composer and it’s at same time crazy talented as a director. Marvel Studios struck gold with him. He delivered my favorite Spider-Man score, made Doctor Strange’s theme very memorable and is coming now for the Fantastic Four. One of the most prolific MCU players.

I wouldn’t be mad at all if he is considered for something like Midnight Suns. I like the idea that Marvel used to have with Phase 3 before James Gunn went out: let a crew of directors and screenwriters take stewardship of the corners of the MCU. That’s how you keep things fresh there. 

I think Gachiino as director is going to be tied up with his "THEM" remake at Warners for quite a while.

But ,yeah, I was happy..and surprised to hear he was doing the score for FF....I though his career as a composer was on ice while he focused on his career as director. I guess he made time for the FF scoring. I suspect mian reason he is doing it he wants t do a score rooted in Early Sixties music.

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

They definitely would. And I bet we see it before he going for animation.

Why? Del Toro seems not be a good team player.

Look what happened with "The Hobbit" and if you think schedule probleme was the only reason Del Toro and PJ parted way, you are pretty naive.

Feige is the real auteur of the MCU and I don't think Del Toro is willing to give up being the auteur of his films.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric is Trapped said:

I’ve been pushing that his new era of movies have been some of his best for a while now. Old and Glass and Split and Cabin have all excelled as some of his most creative and emotionally resonant movies yet. Really, of his post-blockbuster era, The Visit is the only one of his I’ve hated, though that is in large part because I think he did a crummy job re: the whole found footage angle. Not sure what the point was (well, outside of keeping costs down)

I always find quite ironic how he basically deconstructed the whole idea of found footage while doing it in The Visit simply because that movie is insanely well staged, he apparently can’t direct a badly or amateurish crafted scene.

I think the Planet of the Apes movies from the 70s deserve a watch too. They are low budget, but have a lot of charms and great political and social intrigue despite their low budgets. Nobody talks about them sadly, but they were very fun to look into.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’ve been out of Max for a while. Fuck Zaslav. I will be back for The Penguin and leave once again. My subscriptions currently are Disney+, Amazon Prime, Globoplay, Tidal and Netflix (begrudgingly).

Still it is interesting that Warners agreed to join in a streaming package with Disney.

10 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Just watch the 3 movies. The 2011 one and the Matt Reeves two movies. They‘re their own thing separately. 

Both Matt Reeves movies are among the best Hollywood as an industry can offer. Masterful blockbusters, artfully made, insanely well crafted, a rarity these days. War is the better one imo. 

I’m more partial to Dawn but you can’t go wrong with those movies. Even the new one isn’t half bad, especially considering how complete that first trilogy was. 

• Like 1

Just now, dudalb said:

Still it is interesting that Warners agreed to join in a streaming package with Disney.

Mine are Disney Plus, Paramount, Apple and Neflix. I get Amazon prime for "free" since is have been a member since before they became a streaming channel.

I order a lot on Amazon, and the savings I have with the free shipping more then pay for my membership. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric is Trapped said:

I think the Planet of the Apes movies from the 70s deserve a watch too. They are low budget, but have a lot of charms and great political and social intrigue despite their low budgets. Nobody talks about them sadly, but they were very fun to look into.

Nobody talks about them cause they suck

• ...wtf 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

So Del Toro's Pinocchio is a dark fairy tale that's really about fascism? 

Like Pan's Labyrinth? 

You beat me to it.

Setting Pan's Labyrinth during the Spanish CIvil War was pure genius.

6 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Just hope it's not a painfully boring nothing like Knock was... Easily his most forgettable anything. Never been so bored. Could've hammed up that hilarious ass concept so much more. The worst M Night is a boring M Night.

Couldn't disagree more

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

So Del Toro's Pinocchio is a dark fairy tale that's really about fascism? 

Like Pan's Labyrinth? 

Btw, the guy voicing Mussolini is the same guy who voices SpongeBob. What a resume

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Nobody talks about them cause they suck

This. Charelton Heston did not want to do a sequel to the 1968 film, because he could not see where they go with the charecter, did not think they could equal the satire of the first and it would be just more adventures with the apes, which he was not interested in doing,

But they so desperate to have him in the sequel they agreed to pay him a huge amount of money for a short appreance in the film..as much as he would have made if had been the lead. But ,since he wanted to try to preserve the uniqueness of POTA, he made it a condition that the world be destroyed at the end of the sequel to prevent any other sequels.

But, as he stated in his memoreis, he should have guessed the bastards would find a way around that and make more sequels.

I get where Heston was coming from. In 1968,the final scene in Apes was a genuine shock to audiences and has become Iconic.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, ringedmortality said:

I still wish I could have been there in the recording studio. Why did they get Tom Kenny, the whitest man on the planet, and have him act all “street?” Why must you be like this Michael. Why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Josh trending on twitter, his performance is beloved, well done, can we get announced in some major role ala THE BATMAN 2 plz thanks 

10 minutes ago, Eric is Trapped said:

Btw, the guy voicing Mussolini is the same guy who voices SpongeBob. What a resume

I think Del Toro's Pinnochio was a mixed bag, but that was brilliant.

What makes it even funnier is Italy's less then brilliant military record in World War 2.........