kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

6 minutes ago, NGGKroze said:

That’s some insanely sexy numbers, it actually went up from discount Tuesday. That we are potentially getting to $1B by Saturday is crazy. Disney should just call it and give Wade and Al all the cocaine. Insanity.

• Astonished 1

Sigh, hopefully this doesn't affect its run much. Edit: having read the conversation that ensued in regards to this, I'll add that, while digital releases might not be particularly detrimental domestically, they can affect overseas legs a tad more.

Edited by rihrey

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Ryan and Blake will be the happiest couple on earth this weekend, apparently

Insane that it’s bigger than discount Tuesday 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s some insanely sexy numbers, it actually went up from discount Tuesday. That we are potentially getting to $1B by Saturday is crazy. Disney should just call it and give Wade and Al all the cocaine. Insanity.

I'm happy to be wrong if that's the case, but isn't the 14.5mil WED number for its OS gross and not DOM?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

I'm happy to be wrong if that's the case, but isn't the 14.5mil WED number for its OS gross and not DOM?

13.9M Tuesday OS for DP&W so it's indeed and increase if those hold true

It's a -43% drop for D&W overseas , if it plays like this , he will have third weekend around 67M and Overseas Total around 540M after this weekend . Overseas Total around 670M-680M . Around 1,3B total for the movie which is really great , almost 3B for the combo IO2/D&W

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NGGKroze said:

13.9M Tuesday OS for DP&W so it's indeed and increase if those hold true

I meant that Zatt seemed to indicate it increased from "Discount Tuesday," which is only an American thing (as far as I know).

Edited by Mandatory

10 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Not good hold for Trap, big drop also Harold logically. The drop this wednesday are worst than last week, probably with the beginning of return school. The jump on weekend will be better

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

More like 750/1.8B if came next year. DS2 and Thor before it

Basically lot of interest lost

Atbest it would be where it is , no change

Oh, definitely would have been hurt if ds2 and L&T came out first. I guess I was imaging a scenario where MCU returns much slower — say BW Labor Day 21, SC xmas 21, eternals May 22, nwh Dec 22, something like that. Or if you prefer keep movies the same but shift vaccine/case timeline up 6 months. Main point is plenty of people were still avoiding theaters back then and there were even have serious mandated shutdowns in DOM midrun. Not really plausible to think that had no or somehow positive impact

• Like 1

Weak Wednesday tbh. Hopefully some of that is chalked up to EA and the fss/wed can be better than usual. Tighten from say 620-670 to 625-660 or so

Edited by Cooper Legion

2 hours ago, Jaxon5 said:

Dark knight trilogy looks less colourful but there's something about them that looks very professionally made but I can't put a finger on it.

It’s because Nolan and Pfister actually know how to create a sense of scale through their images. TDKR still feels like the biggest superhero movie because of that. Nothing in recent superhero movies compares to the image of a small plane being flipped over by an even bigger plane.

• Like 1

I am so disappointed at Disney right now

100 days should be 100 days. This is just exhausting and next time will make people not watch it in cinemas when they can see it on digital so early

• Like 1