AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

51 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s what she gets. Good response from him. 

If you try and take over, do secret edits, bring your husband in - do it yourself next time. 

reports are he was abusive on set and made female cast uncomfortable. There’s a reason the whole cast unfollowed him and didn’t interact with him at all. Jenny Slate isn’t some C-lister to be dodging questions about him and avoiding him in fear of losing opportunities cause of Blake/Ryan. 

I’m sure more will come out but people are being to quick to jump in and defend him as if his whole cast hasn’t been avoiding him. There’s a reason for that. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

As far as Borderlands goes, light candles and say prayers. The Lionsgate movie per industry estimates is eyeing around $4M today and just under $10Mfor the weekend in 5th place.

Universal’s juggernaut of Twisters and Despciable Me 4 are locking third and fourth respectively with $15.4M (-32%) for and $10M (-13%) for the weekend. Twisters will stand at $222.6M at the end of its fourth frame on Sunday while DM4 in its sixth weekend will post a running total of $332.1M.

Outside top 5, it’s NEON’s Cuckoo coming

in at justunder $2M for today and $3M-plus for the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Universal’s juggernaut of Twisters and Despciable Me 4 are locking third and fourth respectively with $15.4M (-32%) for and $10M (-13%) for the weekend. 

Wowie zowie look at those holds. DM4 might just match DM2 at this point.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

As far as Borderlands goes, light candles and say prayers. The Lionsgate movie per industry estimates is eyeing around $4M today and just under $10Mfor the weekend in 5th place.

Universal’s juggernaut of Twisters and Despciable Me 4 are locking third and fourth respectively with $15.4M (-32%) for and $10M (-13%) for the weekend. Twisters will stand at $222.6M at the end of its fourth frame on Sunday while DM4 in its sixth weekend will post a running total of $332.1M.

Outside top 5, it’s NEON’s Cuckoo coming

in at justunder $2M for today and $3M-plus for the weekend. 

Twisters and DM4 with amazing holds 

Honestly i can't think to something less interesting than the behind the scenes drama about this movie 😆

Btw in general i can say Blake Lively knows the genre, knows the female audience cause She has made a lot of products for them (and his husband know how to create a good commercial product too) so i can understand if an actor tries to give his contribute for some choices. I mean they all are were there to make a movie with no other purpose to be a crowd pleasure box office hit, not art for festivals.

Then I don't know what happened exactly. 

Edited by vale9001

And then Trap at 6 (ouch) and Inside Out 7th is what I'm assuming. Depending on how bad Trap's drops are Inside Out could lap it next week. I don't see it having a drop above 65% this weekend though. 

Edited by wattage

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Honestly i can't think to something less interesting than the behind the scenes drama about this movie 😆

Btw in general i can say Blake Lively knows the genre, knows the female audience cause She has made a lot of products for them (and his husband know how to create a good commercial product too) so i can understand if an actor tries to give his contribute for some choices. I mean they all are were there to make a movie with no other purpose to be a crowd pleasure box office hit, not art for festivals.

Then I don't know what happened exactly. 

The directors original version ended up testing better anyway and that’s the one we got. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

reports are he was abusive on set and made female cast uncomfortable. There’s a reason the whole cast unfollowed him and didn’t interact with him at all. Jenny Slate isn’t some C-lister to be dodging questions about him and avoiding him in fear of losing opportunities cause of Blake/Ryan. 

I’m sure more will come out but people are being to quick to jump in and defend him as if his whole cast hasn’t been avoiding him. There’s a reason for that. 

I wouldn’t say I’m defending him, but based on the currently public information: what she has done so far gives me the ick. 

And if he was abusive on set: the whole cast should be speaking up ASAP instead of unfollowing him. 

Edited by Krissykins

I wouldn't be surprised if Blake Lively ends up directing It Starts With Us if Sony greenlights it. She has some directing experience so it wouldn't be a huge leap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

UPDATED FRIDAY MIDDAY: Right now Ryan Reynolds has the edge over Blake Lively as Disney/Marvel Studios’ Deadpool & Wolverine is looking at a $53M third weekend, and It Ends With Us with an opening in the mid $40M-range. Friday plus previews for the Justin Baldoni starring and directed movie is now $23.2M while D&W is at $15M, -46%.

I'd like to know how these guys are getting 53 million. I used openheimer's numbers from its third weekend and I only got Deadpool and Wolverine up to 47 million. It must be having a huge increase today.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'd like to know how these guys are getting 53 million. I used openheimer's numbers from its third weekend and I only got Deadpool and Wolverine up to 47 million. It must be having a huge increase today.

+65% Friday
+40% Saturday

-20% Sunday

Just got back from a double feature with both It Ends with Us and Borderlands. 

Without spoiling anything about either movie, both aren't good. It Ends with Us is saved by its great acting, but it mostly plays out like a generic romance drama (complete with a lot of cliches), feels much longer than it needs to be (there's no shortage of long awkward moments) and is based on source material that just isn't worth making an entire movie based off of. I've never read Colleen Hoover's novel, but if this movie is any indication, I don't see how she became a household name for romance novels when she's writing stuff that isn't doing anything new with the genre. 

As for Borderlands, it's definitely bad but it's not as terrible as a lot of people are already making it out to be. The humor sucks (there's not a single laugh to be had), the characters are unmemorable, and the script can try so hard to appeal and be cool to the kids of today that it feels kind of despicable, but Cate Blanchett being a badass and clearly doing what she can with the material given to her, she makes the film watchable. As it is, it's the video game movie equivalent of Madame Web. A movie (or a studio corporate product) that shouldn't exist in 2024 and only belongs in a forgotten era of when bad video game movie adaptations were common. 

• Like 4

Loving that Twisters hold. Still my favorite movie of the summer. Glad it's holding so well DOM after so many of us thought that it would get  killed by DP and W and to make up somewhat for the terrible OS numbers.

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Black Panther vs Predator comes out this month too.

Benjamin Percy wrote a Wolverine vs. Predator series with major implications to both mythologies. He is also writing this Black Panther series as well. It’s unusual from Marvel to task someone like Hickman for this, it isn’t cheap in comic book terms either.

• Thanks 1