AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Ngl, the state of modern day popular literature/poetry feels even worse than with movies. I got this “poem” recommended on my instagram feed. Don’t think even the most artless blockbuster I’ve seen (haven’t seen Deadpool and Wolverine yet) has made me as angry as reading shit like this.

https://www.instagram.com/irisrosepoetry/reel/C8P6IA9oVu8/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Yeah that's instagram poetry all right. There is still a different poetry community that gives itself highbrow awards (which this would not be part of) but yeah obviously it's not a very lucrative field.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Ngl, the state of modern day popular literature/poetry feels even worse than with movies. I got this “poem” recommended on my instagram feed. Don’t think even the most artless blockbuster I’ve seen (haven’t seen Deadpool and Wolverine yet) has made me as angry as reading shit like this.

https://www.instagram.com/irisrosepoetry/reel/C8P6IA9oVu8/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Rupi Kaur is to blame for this 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Rupi Kaur is to blame for this 

Lol, I was so close to taking a jab at rupi kaur in my comment. I do also blame an audience of people who just want their feelings regurgitated back to them. Its turned into a shitty form of therapy for people who desperately need real therapy.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah that's instagram poetry all right. There is still a different poetry community that gives itself highbrow awards (which this would not be part of) but yeah obviously it's not a very lucrative field.

I’m glad the city I live in has a thriving poetry community (in fact, I feel like every major city probably has one). 

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Its turned into a shitty form of therapy for people who desperately need real therapy.

A lot of truth in this for a lot of things, not only online poetry.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

Rizz.
Rizz.
Whats it like to hold a Gyatt of someone you love? Rizz.
Rizz.
Do they teach you how to feel? Sigma to Sigma?
Rizz.
Rizz.

it so odd how speaking an uneducated guy is rizz now lolz

4 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

The Lin Manuel Mirandaifaction of society needs to be stopped. 

Lol I already feel like Lin Manuel Miranda gets too much hate for the things he actually has a part in, let's not start blaming him for random things he has NO part in XD

• Like 5

Too much talking about th state of commercial literature in a place where the main topic is stuff like Deadpool and Wolverine and despicable 39 and another Batman movie. This should be High culture? 😅

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 1

Really unexpected sunday drop for IEWU.

I mean of course the first day was basically a double day with previews from 2 days but still very great hold after that saturday drop.

Someone posted an article on the topic of the movie and according to It there is an high percentage of the audience decided to see It "last minute" so probably a kinda of WOM already started. Let's see with the weekdays numbers.

Both D&W and IO2 come in lower with actuals.

D&W - $53,774,969

IO2 - $4,840,283

D&W's Sunday came in more than a $1M below Jurassic World's same Sunday.

IO2 was still high enough to pass Barbie on Sunday.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Too much talking about th state of commercial literature in a place where the main topic is stuff like Deadpool and Wolverine and despicable 39 and another Batman movie. This should be High culture? 😅

I mean mainstream cinema is in a worse state, no arguing against that.

• Like 1