CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Bond has always been expensive to shoot and the fact they have such a tight shooting schedule likely means the budget will increase. QoS shot without a finished script and it really shows.

There's an interesting article in THR about Sony's involvement with Spectre and it does seem it's just as important to them to try and keep it as it would for MGM. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-sony-could-lose-james-833474

In an email last October, Andrew Gumpert, who heads Sony's business affairs, predicted that if Spectre grosses $1.1 billion worldwide, and assuming a budget between $250 million and $275 million, Sony would realize about $35 million.

• Like 1

$280m is the # someone posted above.  In the Sony leaks it was mid 300 millions.  $280m might be after tax credits.

Sony's deal with EON ends after SPECTRE.  Sso either they'll be renewed as financier/distributor or EON and MGM will find another studio to partner up with for the Bond franchise.

MGM is fully functioning studio right? Why do they have to hunt for partners?

Although Warner will be an interesting choice. For Warner, they are in desperate need

for a franchise even if they have the DCU going for the next 5 years. But let's not be surprised

if they take the Bond franchise into even darker, grittier territory. 

But in the end, I heard Sony took very little profit for the mega success of Skyfall.

Probably scare away any potential partners. Home Video business could be good though.

Just keep re-releasing those box sets

• Like 1

because of financial problems. MGM stopped distributing their own movies almost 50 years ago.

Co-financers helps to mitigate the risks of a big budgeted movie.

Edited by Goffe

Although Warner will be an interesting choice. For Warner, they are in desperate need

for a franchise even if they have the DCU going for the next 5 years. But let's not be surprised

if they take the Bond franchise into even darker, grittier territory. 

But in the end, I heard Sony took very little profit for the mega success of Skyfall.

Probably scare away any potential partners. Home Video business could be good though.

Just keep re-releasing those box sets

MGM don't distribute anymore and can't afford to fully pay for movies themselves. The Hobbit was because they owned the rights to it but the other Tolkien elements belonged to New Line so they had to co-produce it with them and WB. Things like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Jump Street films were incentives from Sony to get allow them to co-produce and co-finance Skyfall and Spectre. 

• Like 1

I've seen 6 tweets.

1 Dissapointing

1 Stron not Classic

2 it's good

And 2 bullshit "hey look at me I went to an early screening, thanks Sony" tweets that aren't worth anybody's time.

Edited by AJG

Total Film

Metro UK

Guardian

Film Four

seems that with the daniel craig theme tunes the quality lines up with the movie well enough. the chris cornell one was cool, the jack white one was a mess, the adele one was like "ok, we're back" and the sam smith one was a shrug. that's the vibe I'm getting here.

• Like 1

Skiznit