CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Recast him like Bond did.(Personally, I don't think that'll work... but I think that was OP's original point.)

For characters that originated in the film and not are based on book or comic characters, you can't really recast because usually the actors performance is a lot to do with why the character is liked

• Founder / Operator

Spider-Man is pretty close to being "Bonded" I think. There's just no way Sony will ever let go of those rights, so they'll reboot/recast the franchise ad infinitum.

Agreed. It'll take several consecutive financial flops before Sony even thinks about relinquishing that.

As much as I'd like to see Marvel's direct take on the character, I just want the franchise to fall into the right writing/directing/producing hands.

• Founder / Operator

I think Diesel will eventually end the FF series, I think if they get to 9 films, that's still great, its best to end on the high,

It's only a matter of time before it hits a lull. Even the Bond series did. The character was always bigger than its movies, though. As for Fast... I'm not sure the same applies, but it's worth debating.

It's only a matter of time before it hits a lull. Even the Bond series did. The character was always bigger than its movies, though. As for Fast... I'm not sure the same applies, but it's worth debating.

Is there a breaking point for all the curent big name franchises ?

Will Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Marvel Universe ( Iron Man/Avengers X Men etc) Potter  go on forever like James Bond or will people finally  get bored ?

Very difficult to answer.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Is there a breaking point gor all the curent big name franchises ?

Will Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Marvel Universe ( Iron Man/Avengers X Men etc) Potter  go on forever like James Bond or will people finally  get bored ?

Very difficult to answer.

Yeah, ultimately none of us can see the future. My opinion is that almost all of them will hit periods of audiences being bored, with some/most eventually getting revived again even further down the road. It's already happened with Batman and Superman. I see no reason why it won't happen with the MCU, etc. Spider-Man is in the middle of its lull as we speak.

I think eventually the superhero craze will die off like the Western before it. When that happens is anyone's guess, but I'd venture to say it has at least another decade left in the tank. Plenty of time to "Bond" at least a couple franchises.

• Like 1

Bond tends to reinvent itself with every new actor and to keep in with the trends of the movies of the time, The Dalton films were more violent compared to the Moore films before it and the Craig films were more gritty due to the the likes of the Bourne trilogy which had been well received.Some genres come in and out of fashion, the romantic comedies dominated the 90s but sort of petered out in the 00s, I think one will come along and become a huge hit. I think some genres are either too expensive like the epic or simply don't have global appeal like the Western to justify huge budgets.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

I think eventually the superhero craze will die off like the Western before it. When that happens is anyone's guess, but I'd venture to say it has at least another decade left in the tank. Plenty of time to "Bond" at least a couple franchises.

I think the superhero craze has peaked box office-wise (domestically, not internationally), but that doesn't mean it won't still have some HUGE hits in the years to come. I just have a hard time seeing anything sell as many tickets as TDK or Avengers.

• Like 2

I think the superhero craze has peaked box office-wise (domestically, not internationally), but that doesn't mean it won't still have some HUGE hits in the years to come. I just have a hard time seeing anything sell as many tickets as TDK or Avengers.

The only thing that would have a really strong shot would be a DC vs Marvel film, and that probably won't happen.

• Like 1

For superhero movies to die like Westerns did, they would need somthing else, some other genre films, to replace them. Right now, we dont know, not even a slightly idea, what could be the replacement. Though I agree superhero movies have at least another decade.

• Like 1