CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Waltz is a two time Oscar winner

SPECTRE is an acronym (like SHIELD)

SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion)

While the film itself leaves a lot to be desired, I personally loved how Max Von Sydow played Blofeld and explained what SPECTRE stood for(although I can't find that on YT).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOlGVPH19bk

Von Sydow's delivery of creepy lines is unmatched by anyone save Walken, IMO.

Waltz is a two time Oscar winner

SPECTRE is an acronym (like SHIELD)

SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion)

Yeah, I googled Waltz to see who he is - I just haven't seen any of his films.

Thanks for explaining about the acronym. How do you know it stands for that? Is it established in previous films (if so, I don't remember it)? Cause I can't see it in the announcement.

Submissions to BOT's Top TV Shows are due tomorrow! Make your edits/send in your lists now :)

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/16776-bofs-top-50-television-shows-of-all-time-extended-to-friday-37-lists-so-far-can-we-get-to-40-pm-me-blurbs/

Can we get 3 more lists to make 40?

Oops, I meant to do that the other day, will do it tonight. x

• Like 2

Thanks for explaining about the acronym. How do you know it stands for that? Is it established in previous films (if so, I don't remember it)? Cause I can't see it in the announcement.

SPECTRE first appeared in the first Bond movie Dr. No (and the book Thunderball).  The last time it was used in the Broccoli Bond series was in Diamonds Are Forever.  After that they weren't legally able to use SPECTRE or Blofield because of a rights dispute with Kevin McClory (who later used them in the Thunderball remake Never Say Never Again)  I gather the rights finally reverted back or they bought them out..

If they'd had the right to use SPECTRE earlier they never would have created QUANTUM.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

SPECTRE first appeared in the first Bond movie Dr. No (and the book Thunderball).  The last time it was used in the Broccoli Bond series was in Diamonds Are Forever.  After that they weren't legally able to use SPECTRE or Blofield because of a rights dispute with Kevin McClory (who later used them in the Thunderball remake Never Say Never Again)  I gather the rights finally reverted back or they bought them out..

If they'd had the right to use SPECTRE earlier they never would have created QUANTUM.

Oh right, quite old, so not something that's been in recent films.

I've only seen one Bond film pre-Brosnan, it was Never Say Never Again I think, which isn't even canon as far as I'm aware.

I don't know what QUANTUM is either (something to do with QoS? I don't remember a single thing from that film), but oh well. :P

And I don't know who Blofeld is, but people seem to be talking about him today. Again, I don't really care for James Bond haha.

Edited by treeroy

You should get on that. Django and Inglorious Basterds are both really, really good, a huge reason being his performances.

They aren't my type of films, they look really, really boring and dull to me.

Have you ever seen a Tarantino film? They are anything but boring and dull. Not questioning your taste in films, because I would agree to someone that hasn't seen a Tarantino movie would take one look at them and say, "What the Hell?"

Have you ever seen a Tarantino film? They are anything but boring and dull. Not questioning your taste in films, because I would agree to someone that hasn't seen a Tarantino movie would take one look at them and say, "What the Hell?"

He makes violent action movies, and I find violent action movies boring.

Edited by treeroy