Eric the Marxist

Labor Day Weekend Thread | Reagan 525K previews, AfrAId 400K

19 hours ago, Eric Ripley said:

So...how have y'all been this past week? Enjoying yourselves?

We actually managed to get a PS5 into our household a couple of weeks ago (imported from overseas obviously, as buying it directly within the homeland is not a good use of money in our nation's current economy), and I've been busy with Spider-Man Remastered for the past week, which we got from a great discount for the Ultimate Edition of the Miles Morales game. That one was 33% or so cheaper than the regular version at the time, and it contains a bonus full game too, fully remastered for the PS5 at that. These load times are crazy.

I also managed to get all the Crash and Spyro remakes as well as Crash 4 through a combination of some frankly ridiculous deals. I mean, for context, I got 7600 Liras worth of games for a mere 450. Just absurd. With my new college year coming up in 3 weeks, I won't be able to play for much longer, but I'll try to get as far as I can.

2 hours ago, justnumbers said:

How much will Afraid 2nd weekend hurt Beetlejuice Beetlejuice opening?

I'm afraid WB didn't give this the deserved time and thought.

By the time we get to next weekend Afraid will be basically dead 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Rubbish Friday jump for Alien Romulus. 

Twisters up +268% from Thursday and +6% on last Friday though! 

Universal must be really annoyed that they haven't been able to get more 4DX showtimes for Twisters, that is so much money left on the table there. Could have had an Oppenheimer-in-70mm level run there.

Probably around 15M 3 Days Weekend

Around 8,5-9M 3 Days Weekend

Around 2,6-2,7M 3 Days Weekend . 650M will be surpassed Monday. Jurassic World will say goodbye to the top 10 after 9 years.

• Like 5

Alien Romulus has been following Scream 6 very closely.  Ive been saying thats the best comp and still think it is Labor Day/Summer weekdays havent helped Romulus its been playing like a another sequel of a long running horror IP.  Romulus probably limps over 100m domestic but it'll be interesting to see how badly Beetlejuice hurts it.

5 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Alien Romulus has been following Scream 6 very closely.  Ive been saying thats the best comp and still think it is Labor Day/Summer weekdays havent helped Romulus its been playing like a another sequel of a long running horror IP.  Romulus probably limps over 100m domestic but it'll be interesting to see how badly Beetlejuice hurts it.

It’s also been following Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire very closely as well.

10 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Probably around 4M 3 Days Weekend .

By the end of the weekend it will basically be even with DM2 and Rise of Gru's grosses at the same point. Not sure it'll catch Gru since that had Labor Day+National Cinema Day in its tenth weekend, but it could end up staying ahead of DM2 to become the biggest "Despicable Me" movie, which would be pretty incredible considering it opened below that movie. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think Alien will miss 100M. It will fall 60%+ against Beetlejuice and never recover.

I say it crosses it. It’s going to be insanely close by the end of this weekend