AniNate

JUICY WEEKEND - BJBJ releases with $111M (DHD)

12 would be meh, actuals should be more 13-14 though I’d guess 

Edit: and immediately contradicted by finale mtc1 run 😛 

Maybe 12.5-29-37-26 //104.5

Edited by Cooper Legion

7 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I'm just wondering, is DPW still safe for 640s final?

640-650 still seems pretty likely. Maybe like 80%? If it misses could be on either end

Beetlejuice will be hitting the magic $100M OW. That's twice as big as Ghostbusters Afterlife, which only managed $44M OW.

Cinemas are saved again.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Deetz said:

*whispers* 100M still seems like a super good opening for Beetlejuice imo and I don’t get the disappointment.

Let's just say the truth. 

Whenever a trade (Deadline, Variety, THR, etc.) puts out their projections and a movie misses it by the slightest, then it's immediately classified as a disappointment. Doesn't even matter if it has outstanding legs afterwards. Just the fact that it missed original tracking projections is enough to overshadow any amount of money that it does after three days. 

Which is ironic because the trades were projecting $100M-$110M for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice and it's looking like it will land pretty comfortably in that range. So like you, where is the massive disappointment coming from? 

I guess because it probably won't beat the September opening weekend record? Still, that's not a good excuse to label a $100M+ debut for a Beetlejuice legacy sequel "disappointing." 

Edited by Ryan C
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Beetlejuice will be hitting the magic $100M OW. That's twice as big as Ghostbusters Afterlife, which only managed $44M OW.

Cinemas are saved again.

It’s opening week will be more than the total gross of all four Ghostbusters sequels.

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

Praying for this to do one Flash OW.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice could make more in its opening weekend than The Flash did in its entire domestic run. 

Wow. 100M opening is crazy for a film I’ve never heard anyone talk about or reference. I thought this would open to like 40M.

Edited by Avatree

Do you guys think Beetlejuice 2 has an optimistic shot at overtaking Alice in Wonderland for the biggest OW for a Tim Burton film or no? That one opened at $116M back in March 2010. 👩🏻‍💼🙆🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

13 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Do you guys think Beetlejuice 2 has an optimistic shot at overtaking Alice in Wonderland for the biggest OW for a Tim Burton film or no? That one opened at $116M back in March 2010. 👩🏻‍💼🙆🏻‍♀️

Imo over/under 100m is the number to watch but that’s just my opinion 

2 hours ago, Ryan C said:

Let's just say the truth. 

Whenever a trade (Deadline, Variety, THR, etc.) puts out their projections and a movie misses it by the slightest, then it's immediately classified as a disappointment. Doesn't even matter if it has outstanding legs afterwards. Just the fact that it missed original tracking projections is enough to overshadow any amount of money that it does after three days. 

Which is ironic because the trades were projecting $100M-$110M for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice and it's looking like it will land pretty comfortably in that range. So like you, where is the massive disappointment coming from? 

I guess because it probably won't beat the September opening weekend record? Still, that's not a good excuse to label a $100M+ debut for a Beetlejuice legacy sequel "disappointing." 

WB still keeps the record because the September OW record is It.