MovieGuyKyle17

Early Friday results...

Five-Year should hopefully do better than that; I mean you'd think How I Met Your Mother would help a Jason Segel film but I think that shows how shallow the audience is for any CBS show. Support your peeps man!

I personally can't stand Segel. I only tolerate him on HIMYM because it's a funny show but I would much prefer if he weren't on it.

its way too early, i still believe FYE will get over 20M, all my years on BOM and BOT, ive never understood why they post these numbers so early, if they are gonna do this, friday night would be better.

The last weekend in April before summer seems like a studio dump time. It's a terrible slot for a film to open. In 2010, Expendables was originally slated to open the last week of April, but the studio finally believed in it and moved it to August. April is just a shit time for films, especially the week before Juggernaut opens.

I personally love Segal, but I have enjoyed him more in supporting roles. I absolutely loved him in Knocked Up, in fact, he might have been the best part of the movie....so funny. But seeing him as a lead, he's good, but he needs strong support...imo.

Maybe he just isn't meant to play lead. That could be why the Muppets disappointed.

I don't really think it did. The Muppets were never that big to begin with, not in terms of film. So 90 mill is fine imo.

I don't really think it did. The Muppets were never that big to begin with, not in terms of film. So 90 mill is fine imo.

The overall gross was pretty good compared to the budget, but Disney had an amazing marketing campaign for it and a lot of people expected better.

"Obsessed", Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Fast Five" may disagree. ;)

FF is a tentpole, far from a dump. And Nightmare was going to do well no matter what. Obsessed, good point, but for the most part the week before Summer kicks off is not the best time to release a movie. FF was released the first week of May, it just happened to fall on the last day of April as well.

The overall gross was pretty good compared to the budget, but Disney had an amazing marketing campaign for it and a lot of people expected better.

Just because people expected better that doesn't mean it was going to do better. In relation to what the other Muppets films grossed, it did well.Even adjusted, it works out to be the second best Muppets film of all time.http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=muppets.htm&adjust_yr=2012&p=.htm