MovieGuyKyle17

Early Friday results...

I bet TH would do 350M+ domestically. RTX was betting sub 350M. Then again you would probably bet on sub 350 too. :lol:

I am expecting 360-380M for TH1. So I may have bet on under 400M, but not on anything less than that. :P Edited by Fake

As much as I want 400m for THG, I don't think it'll happen. Next weekend will probably see its biggest drop yet due to overwhelming competition from Avengers plus the loss of Imax (again).

The Avengers isn't going to hurt THG as much as you think. The loss of theaters plays a much bigger role in how hard THG is gonna drop.

Alright this will be my last post here for the next 20 days so I'm going to be as blunt as I want.

Same. It always looked like a huge stinker to me. Just never saw any appeal with it whatsoever. Still the fact that it may not even crack 30m total is just pathetic for anything with Apatow's name on it.

Huge stinker? It has a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, a consensus that is more good than bad and a MC rating among the highest of the year so far. Yeah, like you never saw any appeal for TLO, TLAM or the Vow, but those broke out. Let's face it, anything skewing female, "is a huge stinker" isn't it? FFS.

^^^ I think people didn't buy the Bridemaids comparisons. Stiil, anything less than 15 million will be bad because I am not expecting good legs. Judd Apatow movies need males in their 20s and 30s to show up but TA will take away all of that demographics next week.

This Bridesmaids comparisons are some of the most sheep-headed comments I've ever read. The font is pink therefore BRIDESMAIDS WANNABE. You'd think people have more sense, but when you read it off Ray "hindsight" Subers, it must be true and then it's repeated on end. Jesus Christ. You know, Apatow only has directed THREE films. Since he became famous, he's also produced Fun with Dick and Jane, Walk Hard, Drillbit Taylor, Step Brothers, Year One and Wanderlust. I don't see anyone ever mention those, must be because it doesn't fit with their ridiculous arguments.Thank fucking God that the Hunger Games came out powered by women to near $400m. These male circle-jerk views week in and week out are revolting.See ya fellas when people are stymied as to why What to Expect When You're Expecting is doing well and hope to be pleasantly surprised by a record-breaking Avengers run.
  • Like 2

Alright this will be my last post here for the next 20 days so I'm going to be as blunt as I want.Huge stinker? It has a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, a consensus that is more good than bad and a MC rating among the highest of the year so far. Yeah, like you never saw any appeal for TLO, TLAM or the Vow, but those broke out. Let's face it, anything skewing female, "is a huge stinker" isn't it? FFS.

I meant as far as its commercial prospects it looked like a huge stinker. Critically it's not doing much better. It's pretty much got the worst reviews of any Apatow associated flick to date. And I have no idea what you're talking about as far as me never seeing any appeal for The Vow. I totally knew that would break out, it seemed like a sure bet to me. The marketing was downright brilliant, about the only way that marketing didn't hit you is if you were the owner of a penis. As for TLO, I was cautiously optimistic on it since it was Sparks and his stuff tends to have a female following. TLAM totally caught me off guard, but I certainly wasn't the only one.

There is minimal crossover between the two. It would have helped though, if THG had managed 12-13M this weekend.

The most I see THG dropping next week is 40%, assuming its TC is still in the 3000 neighborhood. Look at 2007. Disturbia dropped 35% against SM3 and it added 85 theaters that weekend. Blades of Glory lost 943 theaters and dropped 53%. Vacancy lost 853 and dropped 62%. Theater losses kill movies late in their run more than anything else.

I meant as far as its commercial prospects it looked like a huge stinker. Critically it's not doing much better. It's pretty much got the worst reviews of any Apatow associated flick to date. And I have no idea what you're talking about as far as me never seeing any appeal for The Vow. I totally knew that would break out, it seemed like a sure bet to me. The marketing was downright brilliant, about the only way that marketing didn't hit you is if you were the owner of a penis. As for TLO, I was cautiously optimistic on it since it was Sparks and his stuff tends to have a female following. TLAM totally caught me off guard, but I certainly wasn't the only one.

This is hardly the worst-reviewed Apatow movie. Year One takes the cake in that regard, and even the recent Wanderlust got worse reviews.

Bombs away for all openers. 5YE should have opened over $20m. Pirates $10m from 3,400 theatres?! And the other two films unsurprisingly flopped.Oooooh. But CABIN IN THE WOODS looking at another sub 50% drop. Woop.Can we stop having the generic Jason Statham movies now? Thank you.Roll on Avengers. Which was a fantastic film and fully deserves to do well.

So THG has 6 weeks with the highest theater count, that's the highest since How the Grinch Stole Christmas back in Nov 17 - Dec 29 2000. However, 3 or 4 films since then have tied THG with 6 weeks.

1990 and beyond...12 weeks:TitanicHome Alone9 weeks:The Fugitive8 weeks:TMNT7 weeks:How the Grinch Stole ChristmasToy Story 2Independence DayDumb and DumberMrs. DoubtfireHookTMNT 26 weeks:How to Train Your DragonNight at the MuseumThe Two TowersMission: Impossible IIRunaway BrideThe MatrixMin in BlackLiar LiarThe Lion KingJurassic ParkTerminator 2If you only look at the past 10 years, then only three other films (TTT, Museum, and Dragon, all with only 6) have managed theatre streaks of 6 weeks or more.And FWIW, it holds the record for highest 6th week TC.

This is hardly the worst-reviewed Apatow movie. Year One takes the cake in that regard, and even the recent Wanderlust got worse reviews.

Forgot he was involved with Y1. Either way though it's one of his worse reviewed ones, and it's likely headed towards rotten.

Forgot he was involved with Y1. Either way though it's one of his worse reviewed ones, and it's likely headed towards rotten.

There's already 95 reviews in. It seems like it's going to stay in the low 60s. But at any rate, I don't see why BK's getting so upset over it. The film's tanking, so it's obvious that a lot of other people see it the same way we do. It may be a decent movie, but let's face it, there's a far more appealing option coming out next week.