Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 13th-15th

Speak No Evil was funnier more than it was anything else. 

The adults in this give the teens in the Friday the 13th films a run for their money in the stupidity department. 

Sold out crowd though. The laughs got laughs, but so did some unintentional moments. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Speak No Evil was funnier more than it was anything else. 

The adults in this give the teens in the Friday the 13th films a run for their money in the stupidity department. 

Sold out crowd though. The laughs got laughs, but so did some unintentional moments. 

Speaking of laughing at a horror movie, I can't wait for you to see The Substance but make sure to see it with a crowd. Half the fun is what's on screen, the other half is how the audience reacts to it. 

1 minute ago, Flopped said:

Speaking of laughing at a horror movie, I can't wait for you to see The Substance but make sure to see it with a crowd. Half the fun is what's on screen, the other half is how the audience reacts to it. 

Oh I can’t wait, that’s got an 18 rating here so I’m expecting something a little spicier. 

Will be going on Friday night for sure. 

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh I can’t wait, that’s got an 18 rating here so I’m expecting something a little spicier. 

Will be going on Friday night for sure. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it as well! I'm already planning my second watch with friends who have no idea what to expect haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emoviefan said:

The Killers Game. LOL . Lionsgate really is a embarrassment right now.

This movie was an example where a TMobile $5 deal is no help.  It looked straight-to-streaming, so $5 was still too high a cost.

(PS - Yes, this was the September movie, but I didn't ever mention it b/c I expected almost zero effect...and there was almost zero effect)...

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This movie was an example where a TMobile $5 deal is no help.  It looked straight-to-streaming, so $5 was still too high a cost.

(PS - Yes, this was the September movie, but I didn't ever mention it b/c I expected almost zero effect...and there was almost zero effect)...

Was there an August $5 film? 

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

It was Borderlands...thus, why it has under 2.0X DOM legs...the deal probably propped the OW a few mil...although again, it wasn't worth mentioning...

Hopefully, Oct/Nov/Dec get better choices for the deals...

Flight Risk seems like the type of film to have this deal then for October. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Flight Risk seems like the type of film to have this deal then for October. 

I actually think October has a good shot for one of the supers (Joker 2 or Venom 3)...sometimes, a tired sequel gets the deal, and that's usually when you get the big breakouts...

Just got out an EA screening of Transformers One!

No spoilers, but I'll say that it's competing for the best Transformers movie with Bumblebee. 

Though it's not perfect, it easily has the strongest story out of any of these Transformers movies, it's got the most laughs, and it has some moments that had my crowd applauding. Not to mention being fantastic to look at (the animation is great!) and having a good cast lend their voices to these iconic characters. 

Regardless of whether you're a Transformers fan or not, it's a definite crowdpleaser and I'm pretty confident in saying that this franchise will continue to stay relevant if it goes in the direction of animation. I said this about Rise of the Beasts last year (which I enjoyed), but this truly is the breath of fresh air that the franchise needed. 

Will gladly check this out again when it releases wide next weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

Soak it in, likely the last time this happens for awhile

Man… you might be right. Actually it might last until at least next March. Transformers and Wild Robot are in the top ten and carry on until Moana, then Moana probably stays in the top ten until Mufasa, Mufasa stays until Dogman in January 2025, then The Smurfs Movie in February 2025, then I can’t remember what is being released for animation in March 

23 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

Man… you might be right. Actually it might last until at least next March. Transformers and Wild Robot are in the top ten and carry on until Moana, then Moana probably stays in the top ten until Mufasa, Mufasa stays until Dogman in January 2025, then The Smurfs Movie in February 2025, then I can’t remember what is being released for animation in March 

March probably will be when it happens again unless something changes. Next animation on the schedule is Elio.

21 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

Shockingly nothing. In fact, the next animated movie after Smurfs is Elio in June. There's still stuff like Snow White and Minecraft in the spring, so it's not as dire for PG kids stuff as it was last spring, but it is still very weird how kids movies either get all crammed together one moment, then there's a massive dry spell right after. What's going on over there?