kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 09.27 - 09.29, 2024 | Friday | 11.32M THE WILD ROBOT | 4.19M BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE | 3.90M DEVARA I

23 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Regardless, a 49% Saturday bump for The Wild Robot is still very good and indicative of strong word-of-mouth. I was hoping for more as well, but getting to $38M or especially $40M off an opening day that was less than $10M (if you back out previews) would've been really hard to do. 

I guess it's better than Paw Patrol last year and Kung Fu Panda 4 for what that's worth. Still, IF had a 62% bump and most historic September animations have trended higher, just the weekend estimate is drifting a little too close to IF for my taste.

I know this isn't box office related, only tangentially I guess, but please keep the people in the southeast in your thoughts, it's just devastation across so many cities in multiple states right now. I hope that's the last of it for the hurricane season.

• Like 4
  • Heart 3

11 hours ago, Flopped said:

I was surprised by The Wild Robot. I thought I would be blown away by its originality and creativity but it's just fine. 

This was how my daughter and her boyfriend saw it...although they said their viewing experience was probably not enhanced by all the kids at their viewing.

They said it was fine/good, but nothing I had to feel bad about missing.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This was how my daughter and her boyfriend saw it...although they said their viewing experience was probably not enhanced by all the kids at their viewing.

They said it was fine/good, but nothing I had to feel bad about missing.

Kids really do ruin an experience.

Trust me, you're missing out. And since you're a mom, this film is one giant love letter to mothers.

11 hours ago, CheeseWizard said:

I should not have read this at 4am on minimal sleep, my tiny brain is in pain now, but I think I get it 

Also kind of unconnected; I know of Encanto as an example, but how often is it that a movie bombs at the box office and then succeeds primarily due to streaming/vods or whatever nowadays? 

I'm not sure but everyone reiterates strong correlation between box office adn results. I know Madame Web was a streaming hit and it really looks to me like Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare significantly overindexed on VOD (it's been hanging around the top 10 charts aggregated on Mediaplaynews for a long time)