ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This Superman discourse is tiresome atp and we’re still 10 months away. I’m giving my two cents because why not since i had to read so much about it already.

Some people looks like they enjoy acting as snobs that think the audiences are stupid. 

Guess what? People know two movies directed by two different directors that are not from the same universe will be different, even if they’re all under the same brand. 

People won’t skip Superman because The Flash or Joker 2 is bad or something. They’ll skip it if it looks boring or bad itself.

Nobody skipped NWH because Eternals was badly received. Nobody skipped D&W because The Marvels was a history bomb. 

You could argue that Marvel is a stronger brand, which is true. Yet Superman and Batman are cultural relics at this point, they’re above DC as a brand, the interest in what they can be in current times will always exist if they make it feels relevant. The franchise saturation may exist but everything moves too fast in this weak attention span era, this can change in half a year, as we saw with Marvel.

Superman depends on two things: James Gunn talent and marketing department work. It doesn’t depend of Todd Philips or the dead and buried DCEU.

I’m not saying it’ll be a cultural billionaire phemonenon or something, but the “it’s a bomb waiting to happen” claims based in everything but the actual project (since we don’t have a photo yet) is just annoying nonsense.

u/AgentCooper315 on Reddit is saying under Shazam 1

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 2

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

It's unfortunate to say, but the new Captain America being black will alienate huge swathes of people globally - especially in Asia. 

Well, Joker 2 shows a white "superhero" wouldn't prevent the alieniation that a bad movie could cause.

That said, it's true there are many countries where a movie with a black male lead will have a harder time.

Edited by Kon

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Superman definitely  has an uphill battle. We just had a sequel to a billion dollar film with actual stars in it bomb, who knows how a reboot with a bunch of TV actors  and sandwiched between two likely more appealing blockbusters. 

No, you're very clearly just a brainless DC hater concern troll

(/s)

44 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Crazy how at the beginning of the year there were people who believed Joker 2 would hit $1 billion WW. I thought it would happen too.

I thought it was possible though I wasn't gonna place bets on it even as recent as a month ago. Venice really took the wind out of my sails, badly. I thought it would have a weaker opening and then bad legs but I didn't think it would be this awful. Anything is possible I suppose. 

Edited by wattage

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

This Superman discourse is tiresome atp and we’re still 10 months away.

We get to deal with this for 10 more months, half of which we probably won't even have a trailer to speak of for it or the other movies coming out that month. Aren't you excited and thrilled? Nothing about this is annoying or exhausting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

This Superman discourse is tiresome atp and we’re still 10 months away. I’m giving my two cents because why not since i had to read so much about it already.

Some people looks like they enjoy acting as snobs that think the audiences are stupid. 

Guess what? People know two movies directed by two different directors that are not from the same universe will be different, even if they’re all under the same brand. 

People won’t skip Superman because The Flash or Joker 2 is bad or something. They’ll skip it if it looks boring or bad itself.

Nobody skipped NWH because Eternals was badly received. Nobody skipped D&W because The Marvels was a history bomb. 

You could argue that Marvel is a stronger brand, which is true. Yet Superman and Batman are cultural relics at this point, they’re above DC as a brand, the interest in what they can be in current times will always exist if they make it feels relevant. The franchise saturation may exist but everything moves too fast in this weak attention span era, this can change in half a year, as we saw with Marvel.

Superman depends on two things: James Gunn talent and marketing department work. It doesn’t depend of Todd Philips or the dead and buried DCEU.

I’m not saying it’ll be a cultural billionaire phemonenon or something, but the “it’s a bomb waiting to happen” claims based in everything but the actual project (since we don’t have a photo yet) is just annoying nonsense.

I'm out of likes but thank you for having common sense.

• Like 2

Moderation

@HummingLemon496 This "Agent Cooper" schtick has lost all its charm, and people are sick of it. And this whole "Superman is going to be the most epic bomb ever and open in second place" and mocking people who dare to be even slightly optimistic over this silly kids movie, like you did in your most recent post, is not something we need here.

You're an adult, so act like one. Do anymore of this childish nonsense and you will see a threadban. It's your choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1