BoxOfficeFangrl

Weekday Thread | October 7-10

Joker 2's drops from Joker 1's daily numbers:

Friday: -48.5%
Saturday: -65.3%
Sunday: -74.7%
Monday: -81.2%

If by some miracle it were to level off and mimic Joker 1's daily patterns to Sunday, it'll make $10.5M second weekend. Feels like a best case scenario right now.

Edited by JonathanMB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wild Robot seems to be having better weekdays overall than Cloudy and Hotel Transylvania did. Had a 1.27 week:weekend ratio last week compared to 1.17 for both those movies and now another Monday drop under 80%. Cloudy and HT both had second Monday holiday bumps but the Wed and Thur were only around $1mil for both. Now that TWR is pretty much past the one major box office obstacle, maybe it can still have a good leggy run.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Wild Robot seems to be having better weekdays overall than Cloudy and Hotel Transylvania did. Had a 1.27 week:weekend ratio last week compared to 1.17 for both those movies and now another Monday drop under 80%. Cloudy and HT both had second Monday holiday bumps but the Wed and Thur were only around $1mil for both. Now that TWR is pretty much past the one major box office obstacle, maybe it can still have a good leggy run.

Only thing that should be impacting it is the storm this week, but that's not a movie hurdle much more of just a note on any numbers from Tuesday - Friday 

I'm never happy for films to flop in general but at least until I see them I can't be too sad because maybe the film earned its failure, and since I was busy until now and couldn't see Joker I could remain someone apathetic.

But now that I have seen Folie A Deux, I'm just sad, because the film is really good. No it's not perfect, but it has thoughtful themes and takes the story in an interesting direction. And I thought it was better than the big grossers this year, especially that non-story of a film in Deadpool & Wolverine.

This was really the perfect film to remind me how different my tastes can be from the consensus of both critics and the general public.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1