filmpalace

Weekend Thread | October 11 - 13

2 minutes ago, coyoteinthewind said:

Just Gaga stan spiralling and melting down. 

I hope Joker 2 makes less than Furiosa did domestically. That's an incredible movie that people really did dirty. One of my favorite theater experiences of the year.

Furiosa was a near-perfect action movie and it REALLY sucks we'll never get The Wasteland because it bombed. Joker (as a character) will be reused forever, be it by Barry Keoghan or someone else. We lost a LOT when Furiosa bombed. If a bunch of DC stuff for characters that are going public domain in a dozen years bombs, we don't really lose much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CheeseWizard said:

Christ, what would that mean for its domestic box office total? Like, 60 million??

Horror movies, especially sequels typically don't have a three multiplier. I wouldn't be surprised if this has just over a two multiplier. It's going to be a massive fan rush to see this opening weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coyoteinthewind said:

I hope Joker 2 makes less than Furiosa did domestically. That's an incredible movie that people really did dirty. One of my favorite theater experiences of the year.

It's a good movie, but not incredible. Overall a step back from Fury Road across the board.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Guess I’ll ask it here to, 

I’m currently getting my fill on the Saw franchise, and everybody seems to be hyping the terrifier series up.

Should I check it out?

In terms of gore they make Saw look tame, the story's leave a lot to be desired. Your mileage may vary is what I'd say, but those practical effects are worth checking out once at least.