Grand Cine

Weekdays (14-17th October) - BeetleJuice 2 : 1,27M ; Joker 2 : 930K ; TWR- 3,5M ; Terrifier 3 : 2,5M

1 minute ago, M37 said:

I'd even take the under there.  The $1700 PTA while low, was still 6th highest in release, and it already endured a lot of show loss (going from 4+ screens to 1-2) this past week already.  Flash only dropped 1500 locations mid-summer for week 3 after its -72% second weekend, I don't why there's a hurry to run Joker out when there's not really anything better to fill with

Yeah people are gearing up for an all time drop and I just don't think that's happening. There's not a ton of movies coming out right now to take its spot this weekend. Theaters need movies to screen and Joker is a movie. If they don't have something huge that needs to take up tons of the theater space then they're not gonna drop it entirely right away. 

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I also saw someone posit Glindiator on Twitter, guess that would be fine too

That's very cute but now Im sitting here trying to put Elphaba in that. Gliphabator. I know their pairing name is Gelphie...Gelphieator....gotta workshop 

29 minutes ago, wattage said:

That's right in the range I said was its optimistic endpoint. I said it could get in the 130-140 range in the post prior to the one you replied to with the incorrect correction, it was a continuation of that convo. I like doing 10 intervals so the 140 is there but 135ish is right in there and about where I'd like it to land and think it can. It's gonna do whatever it's gonna do in the next weeks until Gladicked (?) weekend and I'm gonna observe. I don't think it's gonna make Elemental money or something and need to be talked down from too high a goal I think, I'd just like it to cross Migration by more than a hair. That's where I'm at anyway.

As I said when this topic started, ~$120M is a reasonable, if not slightly optimistic expectation. Up to $130M is still possible even with a “normal”, yet strong run from here, given lack of family completion post-Halloween. But higher than that requires something extraordinary to happen, of which we have no evidence is in progress, and setting a bar there is just asking to be dissapointed even with a “good” run from 

(I’ve laid out the points, not going to respond again, but feel free to bookmark and follow up in 3-4 weeks 😉)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Can't it just be "Wickedator"? "Glicked" sounds like you messed up a computer.

Can we just … not? Aren’t like to successfully reverse engineer what was an organic social media trend 

One thing that’s really cool about Wickedator (or whatever you want to call it) is that you have 2 films both looking to be big hits with Black stars opening side-by-side. Sure, Denzel isn’t the “lead” of Gladiator, but from all the talk I’ve seen online and irl about the film, he might as well be.

9 minutes ago, M37 said:

As I said when this topic started, ~$120M is a reasonable, if not slightly optimistic expectation. Up to $130M is still possible even with a “normal”, yet strong run from here, given lack of family completion post-Halloween. But higher than that requires something extraordinary to happen, of which we have no evidence is in progress, and setting a bar there is just asking to be dissapointed even with a “good” run from 

(I’ve laid out the points, not going to respond again, but feel free to bookmark and follow up in 3-4 weeks 😉)

I mean I do think it would be valid to be somewhat disappointed if it doesn't hit at least $120m. It's still pacing ahead of Cloudy in total gross and has less competition than that movie. $130m is where it's heading if it just has normal holds.

24% drop from last Tuesday for TWR, so yes very good hold there.

Seems decent for Terrifier as well. 80% of Joker's first Tuesday for what that's worth. Looking at last year a 20% Mon-Tues drop for an adult movie is a little steep but not that surprising for a hyped up horror sequel.

Edited by AniNate

23 hours ago, wattage said:

1.5 mill tomorrow for Wild Robot is the hope and Terrifier I have no idea. 2 million maybe? It's such an odd case I don't know what the fan rush will be for the first discount Tuesday or how much of a bump it got from the holiday on either Sunday or Monday. 

Almost right on target, patting myself on the back for Terrifier 

• Like 1

Gonna be borderline 1 mill today for Wild Robot. Just under or over. Hope it's over to keep the streak of 1 mill days going.

1.35 on Terrifier probably? Gonna try and comp to Saw X from here on and see how it goes. 

That's if those numbers don't change drastically with actuals.