Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Whats more shocking to you guys, a possible $200M weekend or possible $500M finish? For me its the first, i didnt think we'd start seeing $200M weekends till 2015 and later.

All of those cats you mentioned had ultimate reverence for the source material.

I don't know about that. Nolan's Batman isn't smart enough for my liking and I wish Gotham felt like Gotham instead of a real city. And I really wish the Joker didn't kill Bruce's parents. Dammit Burton. Edited by redfirebird2008

Whats more shocking to you guys, a possible $200M weekend or possible $500M finish? For me its the first, i didnt think we'd start seeing $200M weekends till 2015 and later.

It's almost impossible to see how this gets to $200 M for the weekend.

I don't know about that. Nolan's Batman isn't smart enough for my liking and I wish Gotham felt like Gotham instead of a real city. And I really wish the Joker didn't kill Bruce's parents. Dammit Burton.

It seems you're holding it against Nolan that he didn't have Anton Furst as a production designer. And Batman seems smart enough to me. He has a wry wit I appreciate more than Keaton's mugging for one thing. Are you talking about how Keaton's Batman had all of his Batman equipment made while Bale's just modifies existing equipment?I do agree that we have yet to see "The World's Greatest Detective" on the big screen. Any planned reboot would be smart to go that route with the character. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is still the best adaption of that aspect of Batman IMO.

70m - 35% (max it will drop) = 45.5mTDK's record is 43.6m

There's no confirmation on the 70 m figure and 35% isn't necessarily the most it could drop. The matinees will still rocking tomorrow but the night will be much weaker. TDK's Sunday might be an underdog but it is definitely still in the fight.