Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Nobody expects the thing to climax right off the bat. What we would like is something that draws us into the story, not something that starts off immediately with super geek exposition. Thank goodness the other 90% of the movie wasn't like that.

Seemed pretty easy to understand to me, and I've never read a comic in my life just seen the movies. So a better start for it would have been what exactly?

How the fuck can people say that The Avengers is the best summer blockbuster film is absolutely beyond me.

Of all time or 2012?

My biggest qualm with The Avengers is that there's barely a time to breathe. When people said it has a lot of action sequences, I honestly didn't expect it to be like this.

My biggest qualm with The Avengers is that there's barely a time to breathe. When people said it has a lot of action sequences, I honestly didn't expect it to be like this.

I thought there was....Especially during the first half of the film, the action was quite intermittent.

But if you don't know it's super geek exposition, what's the problem? It just becomes regular exposition.

Because it's pretty clearly super geek exposition based on the content of the dialogue and the location of the characters.

As I said earlier, I prefer these superhero movies to have human characters from Earth. This son of a bitch starts off with Loki and Skeletor in outer space droning on and on about some stupid alien stuff that I don't give a hoot about.

Thank goodness the rest of the movie focused on the characters I was more interested in seeing (namely Stark, Banner, and Rogers). Loved the banter and humor between them. Hulk was stunning.

Of all time...since it's the first summer blockbuster of 2012.

Its not the greatest ever.. But its the biggest ever...And summer started with THG you know