Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Didn't even catch M:I4 in IMAX? You missed out. Dubai sequence was the craziest thing I've ever experienced in a movie theater. Felt like I was about to fall off the world's tallest building.

That's how I felt with the basejumping scene in Transformers 3...truly epic feeling.

According to boxofficemojo.com, Imax accounted for 16 mill of the 200 mill. With the format being incredibly popular, I'd say a drop of no more than 25-30% would be in store for it in the coming weekend. That's about 10-12 mill in lost revenue. It won't do 100 mill, best case I think is 90 mill.

According to boxofficemojo.com, Imax accounted for 16 mill of the 200 mill. With the format being incredibly popular, I'd say a drop of no more than 25-30% would be in store for it in the coming weekend. That's about 10-12 mill in lost revenue. It won't do 100 mill, best case I think is 90 mill.

Good point, B. $100m will be difficult without IMAX.

WTF?? TA losing all the Imax screens? Any link for that? This is ridiculous... After beating the OW record by 30m?

WB booked Dark Shadows way in advance. It's THG/WOTT all over again. Edited by Magic

WTF?? TA losing all the Imax screens? Any link for that? This is ridiculous... After beating the OW record by 30m?

I call bollocks. The public demand is too huge for The Avengers for IMAX to ignore. I say this is some desperate hoax coming from certain rabid fanbases.

Folks, I wouldn't worry about The AVENGERS losing any IMAX Screens cause I'm sure theatre owners are on top of this, making arrangements for both DARK SHADOWS and The AVENGERS to share the IMAX, even though DARK SHADOWS doesn't deserve IMAX over The AVENGERS and is pointless really.. At RONNIE'S 20 CINE where I go, there IMAX is sharing DARK SHADOWS with TA.. There not dumb

I can even see theater owners completely ignoring Dark Shadows for IMAX screenings. We're not facing an usual scenario here. The Avengers is a monster, it'll be treated as such.

I call bollocks. The public demand is too huge for The Avengers for IMAX to ignore. I say this is some desperate hoax coming from certain rabid fanbases.

No, it's a Warners thing. They have a deal with IMAX and can apparently book it out months in advance regardless of if there are much more successful films that do better in IMAX.

No, it's a Warners thing. They have a deal with IMAX and can apparently book it out months in advance regardless of if there are much more successful films that do better in IMAX.

We live in a capitalist World. There're hundred of cases where The Avengers had to get additional sessions and rooms throughout the weekend. Same will keep happening now, regardless of what is "official".Besides, haven't you read what BKB just said? Edited by iJackSparrow

We live in a capitalist World. There're hundred of cases where The Avengers had to get additional sessions and rooms throughout the weekend. Same will keep happening now, regardless of what is "official".

I'm sorry, but it's true. the same thing happened with THG and WOTT.