Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

It was also a money issue if you believe various sources. Marvel lowballed Terrance Howard for IM2, which was disappointing. I like Cheadle as an actor, but I felt RDJ and Howard had a lot better chemistry together and I would have preferred to see him in the sequel. They also supposedly lowballed Mickey Rourke at first and barely got him to sign on after some tough negotiating. Seriously, why so greedy? They better not fucking lowball Whedon for Avengers 2. Write the guy a $50m check and give him a $300m budget to play with.

I enjoyed Howard far more than Cheadle. But, Howard demanded a ridiculous amount of money.How much was Whedon paid for A1?I just read that David Yates has a $22m net worth. That seems awfully low for directing four Potter films, so it's not surprising to see other directors not get paid too much. Edited by Noctis

I thought Ruffalo did a better job than Norton anyway.Cheadle was better than Howard. He wasn't great, but Howard seemed to suck the life out of every scene he was in.

Ruffalo was definitely better, and the Hulk scenes were a million times better. And I say that as a big fan of the '08 Hulk movie. Whedon and Ruffalo completely knocked it out of the park.

I enjoyed Howard far more than Cheadle. But, Howard demanded a ridiculous amount of money.How much was Whedon paid for A1?I just read that David Yates has a $22m net worth. That seems awfully low for directing four Potter films, so it's not surprising to see other directors not get paid too much.

The best way to get rich as a director is with a percentage of the gross. Nolan supposedly made $75m from Inception because of that.

Yup. There's always room for an increase every Saturday. We just don't see them in the Summer because more demand can be burned off on Friday

I think this Friday powered by internet just created a lot more demand.

Norton was fantastic as Hulk, but Ruffalo was equal. I wonder if Downey Jr lobbied for him as they have worked together on Zodiac.

Checked the theater I go to, it is currently 12pm, and both 7:20 pm showings are sold out. SEVEN HOURS FROM NOW! In comparison, no sellouts yesterday. Today is going to be HUGE! :mouthdropped:

200M OW is coming faster than we thought.

$68 million minimum. I could see it sneaking past $70 million if late night shows are strong again, but matinees are expected to be massive like they are currently so I'll hold off on that kind of expectation for now.

Even 68M will mean 200M OW.Holding my breath for weekend estimates tomorrow.....

Ah yes, didn't even think about that connection. Ruffalo's performance in Zodiac is one of my all-time favorites.

Ruffalo and Downey had great chemistry in the Avengers. Same with Hulk and Thor...lol