Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Last time I tool a proper look at this thread(very brief look) it was like 75 pages, now its like 152+ WTF.

Like I've stated before here (and many other times) hourly tracking is max of 50% of theatres and end of night is average 90-93% can be a lot lower depending, With yesterday and midnights it does throw a spaner in the works for working things out (part of it is due to figures going up and down while they work out what has and hasn't been included) and how every you extropolate data being couple of % can throw you off millions, that said whoever told Nikki around 65m initially(wasn't it) was either being super conservative or didn't understand the market 70 at least would have been more of an starting point.

From brief read I've done a lot seem to think 70m today would be low end well that would be about right 68-70 would more than likely be the at least what its going to do and could easily go beyond . Be interested to see what the next update says, sure there will be one soon.

That's saturday right? I'm in another time zone.

Has "The Avengers" Topped anyone else Superhero Top 5 All Time? It has for me:

#1. Superman 78'

#2. Batman 89'

#3. The Dark Knight

#4. The Avengers

#5. Spider-man 2 and Blade (Tie)

This man knows his shit.

I was at college graduations all day (one of them being my own), but trust me, I had my phone with me at ALL times! ;)

Congrats on graduation and having no life today like th rest of us! :lol: We`re such hard-core shit. Edited by fishnets

Rth tends to lean on the conservative side with his posts so with his Friday post I suspected it would be $76-78m. With his post today I reckon we're looking at $70-75m for Saturday. More likely closer to 70 then 75.

• Like 1

"Lots of people pulling u-turns because The Avengers is sold out at the drive-in. DUH."

Abraham Garcia ‏ @Abrahamiscool

The fucking avengers was sold out at the drive in... now we have a shit load pizza and drinks with nothing too do.

LMAO

Chris Reed ‏ @CDReed

Would you believe me of I told you the drive-in was sold out for #avengers? Plan C: Try to see it at Texas Station across the street.

I haven't been to a drive in in years.

The closest drive in near me is about 45 minutes away and it's very popular.

Last time I tool a proper look at this thread(very brief look) it was like 75 pages, now its like 152+ WTF.

Like I've stated before here (and many other times) hourly tracking is max of 50% of theatres and end of night is average 90-93% can be a lot lower depending, With yesterday and midnights it does throw a spaner in the works for working things out (part of it is due to figures going up and down while they work out what has and hasn't been included) and how every you extropolate data being couple of % can throw you off millions, that said whoever told Nikki around 65m initially(wasn't it) was either being super conservative or didn't understand the market 70 at least would have been more of an starting point.

From brief read I've done a lot seem to think 70m today would be low end well that would be about right 68-70 would more than likely be the at least what its going to do and could easily go beyond . Be interested to see what the next update says, sure there will be one soon.

Good update, thanks!

So 203M OW is in play. The interesting part is that it would match TDK 5 day total. With that we would get fastest to 200M and and when the 5th day comes another record, which would have been beaten in 3 days.

Justice League is a bad idea now, they shouldve capitalized years ago, though that casting wouldve been awful. But all JL would be to audiences is a "copycat", Avengers was so well crafted, i dont see how JL tops it, i really dont even know how TA2 will top that! Plus the JL characters are a little more unrealistic than TA characters which may give off a "campy" feel, though maybe im just think about GL too much. Either way i think if JL is made, it wont share this TA success, especially without Wheedons one liners. :lol:

• Like 2