Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

It's hilarious, sure. It has some really good action scenes, but some overlong ones. So now this has the best action scene of ALL time? Honestly? Entertainment value is decent.

Yep, and it's not even close. The action scene (you obviously know which one I'm referring to) is simply breathtaking in it's length, scope, spectacle, usage of so many fantastical characters, and choreography of some amazing action. I've never seen anything like it.

BTW, has Cocho been spotted in any of this yet? Ya know, now that her OW prediction ended up being TA's OD gross. :rofl:

She was not only gracious about it, but actually enjoyed the film.

How do you like it?I have been at mine for 7 years started as the lowest floor staff and have been a manager for a few years now.

It's pretty cool. These past two nights have been crazy but it sure makes the time go by fast. I'm hoping to move up to team leader after about 6 months of service.

She was not only gracious about it, but actually enjoyed the film.

Wow, that's pleasantly surprising! It's great to see someone actually admit when they like something they rallied against and were way off about. I did that last year with Fast Five. Glad she didn't slink off and hide like several posters after the JC fiasco.

It's pretty cool. These past two nights have been crazy but it sure makes the time go by fast. I'm hoping to move up to team leader after about 6 months of service.

what were the sell outs like tonight?

Wow, that's pleasantly surprising! It's great to see someone actually admit when they like something they rallied against and were way off about. I did that last year with Fast Five. Glad she didn't slink off and hide like several posters after the JC fiasco.

Unlike RTX. :rolleyes:

Jurassic Park, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Prisoner of Azkaban, Deathly Hallows 2, The Dark Knight, Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl, Super 8, District 9, Inglorious Basterds, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Inception, Iron Man 1, Spider-Man 2, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Signs, The Sixth Sense, and more would all like to laugh their asses off at you. How could The Avengers be the best? You really think it tops all those films?

Yep, and it's not even close. The action scene (you obviously know which one I'm referring to) is simply breathtaking in it's length, scope, spectacle, usage of so many fantastical characters, and choreography of some amazing action. I've never seen anything like it.

Whedon did a slightly better job than Bay did last year with essentially the same sequence (because we care about the characters more), but aside from the scope of the destruction, I didn't think it was particularly brilliant. There's woefully little going on in terms of the enemy strategy and there was nothing that took the action to a level I'd never seen before. Also, with such an extended sequence, you really need the pacing to be pitch perfect, and I didn't think it hit that. Still, very entertaining, and who doesn't like to see stuff destroyed? But IMO not only not on par with the best action films ever, but not up to par with others films that weren't as good overall but still had insane action (Matrix:Reloaded's freeway scene, for example, or Fast Five's bank robbery chase). Edited by Telemachos

Jurassic Park, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Prisoner of Azkaban, Deathly Hallows 2, The Dark Knight, Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl, Super 8, District 9, Inglorious Basterds, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Inception, Iron Man 1, Spider-Man 2, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Signs, The Sixth Sense, and more would all like to laugh their asses off at you.How could The Avengers be the best? You really think it tops all those films?

I actually agree with all of them, except Super 8.

Its can be very easy to move up especially if you are well educated with the industry.Yes the past 2 nights and the midnight has been crazy. Tons of people.

Whedon did a slightly better job than Bay did last year with essentially the same sequence (because we care about the characters more), but aside from the scope of the destruction, I didn't think it was particularly brilliant. There's woefully little going on in terms of the enemy strategy and there was nothing that took the action to a level I'd never seen before. Also, with such an extended sequence, you really need the pacing to be pitch perfect, and I didn't think it hit that. Still, very entertaining, and who doesn't like to see stuff destroyed? But IMO not only not on par with the best action films ever, but not up to par with others films that weren't as good overall but still had insane action (Matrix:Reloaded's freeway scene, for example).

Loved Matrix Reloaded's Freeway Action Sequence. This is just the inner fanboy within me talking but dare I say Legendary...

It's a breathlessly paced action movie that manages to both be funny and make its characters matter to the audience by the end.Some people like it more than others. Some people like it less than others.I don't understand all the consternation.

• Like 2

what were the sell outs like tonight?

Crazy. I got there at 3 and it was already a zoo. Shows were selling out a couple hours in advance. We added about 5 extra shows to meet the demand. Definitely felt like a record breaking Saturday to me, both $$ and attendance wise, it did about as well as any film could.