Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

It because of the huge expectations already built up in this board before it opened. There was a thread that said OW record was locked! And while a lot of people didn't like the word locked (including me), they did believe that OW record was going down. When you believe OW record is going down, your expectations for OD aren't going to be just 70 million... so erm yeah, 70 million OD is a let down in this case ...

Phone calls from studio moguls and emails from movie bosses, how exciting her Friday nights must be.I wonder is she has a pager too...

Don't sass Goddess Nikki! The nerve <_<

Uh, guys, her update now says $70m.

FRIDAY 10 PM… REFRESH FOR LATEST… Disney is looking at even stronger North American box office for Marvel’s The Avengers in Digital 3D, RealD and IMAX 3D than even rival studios thought. The gross number now is thought to be $70 million on opening day Friday (including $18.1M midnights) and $160+M through Sunday. “Freakin’ phenomenal,” one studio mogul phoned me tonight. ”It has a real shot at the weekend record,” another movie boss emailed me. Warner Bros’ Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (also a 3D movie)holds both the Friday opening record of $91M and the first weekend record of $169M. The AMC theater chain is selling so many Avengers tickets today that its entire credit card processing system is delayed.

Posted Image

Let's get to $75m baby!!!

• Like 1

lolLets hope it stays but with non crazy fan base films, an increasing Friday number is good.70 milliongives around54 million -22% (should stay above gross - midnights easily)39.4 million -27%163.4 million

Edited by Lordmandeep

It because of the huge expectations already built up in this board before it opened. There was a thread that said OW record was locked! And while a lot of people didn't like the word locked (including me), they did believe that OW record was going down. When you believe OW record is going down, your expectations for OD aren't going to be just 70 million... so erm yeah, 70 million OD is a let down in this case ...

Posted Image

Well at least Disney's gonna finally cover its losses today.

Disney will make enough from TA to make one more JC. They can afford that, and it looks like they will continue to provide mega flops like that.

Disney will make enough from TA to make one more JC. They can afford that, and it looks like they will continue to provide mega flops like that.

Well they're still in the red from Mars Needs Mom :P