Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

• Founder / Operator

What opening do you expect for DS? I think it will still open decently, thank to Depp, but its legs will be butchered.

I've been pretty low on it ($34 million) with our Long Range Forecast ... but I'm starting to wonder if $30 million could be out of reach with this WOM on Avengers.

This is a great weekend to be a box office fan. I loved the movie and so did my daughter and that makes it even better. It's so much fun I can see people enjoying this for a long time to come.

Do you or your daughter want to go see this again?

If anying TA proved why Hulk doesn't need a solo movie. More ensembles for Hulk.

On the contrary, I felt like there wasn't enough Hulk, during the other character's action scenes (especially Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye) I was just hoping for more Hulk.

Can't rate it just yet. Need to see it multiple times before rating it. There are elements I don't like. Loki's costume is retarded. Sorry if that offends the fanboys, but it is. The first 10 minutes also bored the shit out of me.

Yeah, I plan on seeing it at least twice. Did you see it in 3D?

I think Hulk works a lot better in avenger's setting than on his own. Somehow, when its an individual Hulk movie, he always ends up fighting the military, being on the run ... Villians, if any get thrown in only at the end because they would easily get smashed aside once he goes Hulk.Hulk is perfect in a avengers setting because they can focus on other TA charecters while keeping the Hulk for special moments when we need him to just come out and just smash everything. And TA allows Hulk to have some brawls with other superheroes, which is something that every comic book fan asolutely loves.

• Like 1

Titanic blu-ray is coming out in this September, just so you know...

Thanks, all the more reason....plus SW and such.

Yeah, I plan on seeing it at least twice. Did you see it in 3D?

Hell no. But I was disappointed to see that they stuck the only 2D showing on a medium sized screen. The two really big screens are 3D. Pisses me off. I saw Inception at that theater and the screen was at least 50% bigger than the one I saw Avengers on last night.

• Founder / Operator

Holy... Nashville IMAX has already sold out first two shows today. The second over two hours ahead of time. That doesn't usually happen here -- not even in IMAX.