75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Amazing Tuesday gross.And are we seriously combining all dailies in one thread? Me no like, it's going to be a huge mess!

Yes, I think it's better to have a thread for one day and then lock it when the next daily number comes out.

No, because it looks like shit and animal cruelty and child abuse are not funny.For the win

Where is the animal abuse in it? You know a bit about my manuscript and how i feel about animal cruelty, so if it exploits that I won't see it either.

Yes, I think it's better to have a thread for one day and then lock it when the next daily number comes out.

Exactly. I like clicking on a daily thread, and it brings up the first page of that thread which is that days. It's a waste of time if I have to remember where the other thread ended, then actually search to go to that page - just keep it the way it was.Alternatively, if you're worried about too many threads - why the fuck are 1001 Avengers threads?!?

It will have taken Avengers 6 days to outgross Star Trek

I loved Nu-Star Trek ("internet title", right?) but this fact is :oTA was speeder in 6 days than The Enterprise in 6 light years. lol
  • Like 1

I loved Star Trek too, and it had a pretty great little run thereBut this is basically Star Trek with bigger characters, bigger laughs, bigger thrills. Which is why it's clicking with audiences the way it is

• Like 6

Hi new here, love reading your guy's estimates - they're usually spot on.Quick question, I see that most of your guy's estimates account for a 30% drop on Sunday - does that account for it being it's Mother's Day?

Edited by Jordanstine

I used a 35% drop on Sunday and still got huge numbers with only a 130% Friday and 40% Saturday increase.If this performs more like the past TA films the 2nd weekend will be the biggest since Spider Man 1.

With all due respect to the many senior posters here: even with a $125m second weekend, I don't think AVATAR is in play. xia's estimates are around $620m... which is amazing. Stunning. But even with that, AVATAR is still $140m away -- that's an awful lot of ground to make up.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

Hey guys, I'm new here as well (though I was around the BOM forums for the last few months they existed).The OW was amazing, yes. And so are these Monday and Tuesday numbers.But you want to know the somewhat scary part? I've plugged in the Spider-Man 1 formula (as in, I'm using the drops/increases of SM1 for the next few days to project the gross) with a slightly strict twist on it, and I'm still getting a 2nd weekend of over $120M... I don't think that will happen, but if it stays above $15M today, $13.5M on Thursday, and jumps to $35M on Friday, then we're talking ~$121-122M for the second weekend...

• Like 1

With all due respect to the many senior posters here: even with a $125m second weekend, I don't think AVATAR is in play. xia's estimates are around $620m... which is amazing. Stunning. But even with that, AVATAR is still $140m away -- that's an awful lot of ground to make up.

That`s all perfectly said. However, I want Hiddlesworth to be #1 all time so I`m throwig reason out of the window.
  • Like 1

But you want to know the somewhat scary part? I've plugged in the Spider-Man 1 formula (as in, I'm using the drops/increases of SM1 for the next few days to project the gross) with a slightly strict twist on it, and I'm still getting a 2nd weekend of over $120M... I don't think that will happen, but if it stays above $15M today, $13.5M on Thursday, and jumps to $35M on Friday, then we're talking ~$121-122M for the second weekend...

Welcome! SM1 is really the best model for this.
  • Like 1

With all due respect to the many senior posters here: even with a $125m second weekend, I don't think AVATAR is in play. xia's estimates are around $620m... which is amazing. Stunning. But even with that, AVATAR is still $140m away -- that's an awful lot of grund to make up.

I'm not a senior, hell, I don't even know how to make the math to predict this numbers but, just a hunch:If it gets to more than $600M DOM, and taking in context what a monster The Avengers is OS, it would surpass Avatar.Why? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Avatar numbers count the release and the rerelease, am I right? If it gets this kind of success, all that The Avengers needs to do is rerelease the movie. Money brings money, and the same goes to success.But I could be completely wrong, feel free to correct any points I've got wrong. :) Edited by iJackSparrow

I'm not a senior, hell, I don't even know how to make the math to predict this numbers but, just a hunch:If it gets to more than $600M DOM, and taking in contest what a monster The Avengers is OS, it would surpass Avatar.Why? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Avatar numbers count the release and the rerelease, am I correct?If it gets this kind of success, all that The Avengers needs to do is rerelease the movie. Money brings money, and the same goes to success.But I could be completely wrong, feel free to correct any points I've got wrong. :)

Avatar's re-release only made $10M. There's no reason to think an Avengers re-release would make much more. Everybody who wanted to see it will have seen it. Edited by RichWS