75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

3D makes a considerable difference, that I agree with. TA gets a bigger boost from it on weekends, but is still getting some boost during the week as well. However, inflation since 2008 has been very small. Use of http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ shows that since 2008 the total amount of inflation is a mere 6.5%. So of those two factors, 3D is the one making a much larger impact.However, even with those two considerations TA's run is still more amazing than TDK's. I'm not going to get involved in a tangential debate about ticket sales. I'll assert that, while it is a relatively small amount, TA will have sold more tickets through 10 days than TDK. The numbers bear it out. Thus, your claim about TDK reaching $400M in 10 days with TA's ticket prices is incorrect. It would have fallen well short.

When I talk about inflation, I'm referring to ticket price inflation rather than inflation in the general economy. The National Association of Theater Owners is the one that reports on ticket price inflation, not any U.S. government agency. And you will be incorrect about your 10 day ticket sale claim. Edited by redfirebird2008

When I talk about inflation, I'm referring to ticket price inflation rather than inflation in the general economy. The National Association of Theater Owners is the one that reports on ticket price inflation, not any U.S. government agency. And you will be incorrect about your 10 day ticket sale claim.

Items such as movie tickets are included in CPI calculations.Movies are expensive to go to, I know that. I go all the time. I've been going for years, and guess what... they were expensive in 2008, too. Prices are not up substantially since that time.I have purchased tickets to view TA twice now, each time it cost me $10 a ticket. I still have my stub from TDK. Guess what... it cost me $9.50. That's a 5% difference.

Items such as movie tickets are included in CPI calculations.Movies are expensive to go to, I know that. I go all the time. I've been going for years, and guess what... they were expensive in 2008, too. Prices are not up substantially since that time.I have purchased tickets to view TA twice now, each time it cost me $10 a ticket. I still have my stub from TDK. Guess what... it cost me $9.50. That's a 5% difference.

Add to that the fact that TA had a total number of screenings per day of 11900 while TDK was 9700

The theater owners report what they report. In 2008, it was the same situation with TDK receiving a big boost over older movies. Theater owners reported an increase of 15.6% between 2004 ($6.21) and 2008 ($7.18). So the adjusted chart looked like this:http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/grossbydays.htm?days=10&adjust_yr=2008&p=.htm

Nikki's erly Friday report:Well, I just got out of bed and we only have AMC's early North American 10:30 AM EST shows to go on, but it looks like The Avengers is going to do 28-34 mill today. TOLDJA!! Dark Shadows based on early shows will do beteen 5-10 mill OD. More updates after my coffee.

Nikki's erly Friday report:Well, I just got out of bed and we only have AMC's early North American 10:30 AM EST shows to go on, but it looks like The Avengers is going to do 28-34 mill today. TOLDJA!! Dark Shadows based on early shows will do beteen 5-10 mill OD. More updates after my coffee.

If 34 is max im out of the 100 million club

If 34 is max im out of the 100 million club

34 max for a Friday gets you out of the 100 mill 2nd weekend club? That would basically give it about 115 mill for the weekend.

Jesus, that would give it well over 100M this weekend.. I said 125M, but will see... :wave:

Take nikkis highest estimate of 34 friday

10 percent increase on saturday - 38

19 percent decrease on sunday - 31

Barely above 103 with the max estimate

While th lowest end estimate brings it to 85 million weekend

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

Jesus, that would give it well over 100M this weekend.. I said 125M, but will see... :wave:

Guys, that's not a real report...I'm just playing around.

$34mil bodes well for $100 million but lets wait and see.

Not a record. :D

Take nikkis highest estimate of 34 friday10 percent increase on saturday - 3819 percent decrease on sunday - 31Barely above 103 with the max estimate

First of all, it's just a joke.....second, it will jump a minimum of 40% Saturday. 10%? On what Saturdays do films jump 10%?

Haha, that's not real ;) Edited by FTF

I really don't like this combined thread business. Half the time people still refer to past days numbers and then back to latest. It just messes everything up.That being said, I see your logic in having it like this.