75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Lol right no way it does 50 million on a saturday on second weekend

Agreed. But off a 30 mill Friday, which is what I think it will do, I think it will hit 40-45 mill Sat.

Yeah but some are new. Lots of real stuff isn't linked so they don't know. At least that's the story I'm going with. :lol:

Sorry, I was just injrecting a little levity into the thread. Nikki is ripe for it.Once her Friday numbers come out, a new weekend thread gets made.

Sorry, I was just injrecting a little levity into the thread. Nikki is ripe for it.Once her Friday numbers come out, a new weekend thread gets made.

Was funny tho. :D

• Founder / Operator

Items such as movie tickets are included in CPI calculations.Movies are expensive to go to, I know that. I go all the time. I've been going for years, and guess what... they were expensive in 2008, too. Prices are not up substantially since that time.I have purchased tickets to view TA twice now, each time it cost me $10 a ticket. I still have my stub from TDK. Guess what... it cost me $9.50. That's a 5% difference.

If your profile location is true, that partially explains it I bet. Price increases are geographically independent sometimes, especially when in an area that has a struggling local economy such as Detroit.A theory, but, a reasonable one when considering we know for a fact that prices have increased on average. The problem with the NATO figure is that's just the average consumers spent...not the real average ticket price itself necessarily. As late shows become more expensive, more people try to find the bargain times (esp. Tuesdays) and matinees. This doesn't even include the fact that 3D surcharges. and IMAX prices increase any supposed "average" by 30-100% in many cases. Edited by ShawnMR

TDK currently has the "2nd Friday" record, doesn't it? $23,232,292, slightly higher than Avatar. Joking or not, I don't think Nikki is going to be able to crow "NO RECORD!" for any of the Avengers' 2nd weekend numbers! Edited by BlanketMan

TDK currently has the "2nd Friday" record, doesn't it? $23,232,292, slightly higher than Avatar. Joking or not, I don't think Nikki is going to be able to crow "NO RECORD!" for any of the Avengers' 2nd weekend numbers!

To eb fair, that was in the middle of July where Friday increases are muted. So this will be the best 2nd Friday and no opening Friday ever, by a mile.

Agree. I wish we'd go back to daily threads.

I think i will say "me too"!When i come back from work and see this big page count, i can't help thinking "whaoo i'm late, where do i jump?"A day/ a thread.When day2's numbers are on, close day1 thread.And so on.