75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Please dont play the TDK is my fav card. My post was in response to you saying that Avengers will obliterate TDKR too, which is just the hyperbole coming through.

Avengers is likely going to make $650m or so. TDKR will be doing very well if it can make $200m less than that, so Baumer is right that Avengers will likely obliterate it.

Unless TDKR opens below TDK, which I dont see happening. It will be anything but an obliteration.

Avengers is likely going to make $650m or so. TDKR will be doing very well if it can make $200m less than that, so Baumer is right that Avengers will likely obliterate it.

And I must have missed the memo where Avengers was locked for 600M let alone 650M. Please let me have some of what you're smoking, must be nice. Edited by artist

Please dont play the TDK is my fav card. My post was in response to you saying that Avengers will obliterate TDKR too, which is just the hyperbole coming through.

1.4 bill to 1 bill is an obliteration.

Unless TDKR opens below TDK, which I dont see happening. It will be anything but an obliteration.

And I must have missed the memo where Avengers was locked for 600M let alone 650M. Please let me have some of what you're smoking, must be nice.

570mil for me but its not beyond the realm of possibility that it can break 600mil.

Unless TDKR opens below TDK, which I dont see happening. It will be anything but an obliteration.And I must have missed the memo where Avengers was locked for 600M let alone 650M. Please let me have some of what you're smoking, must be nice.

I guess you must have been sick the day they taught extrapolations at Extrapolation school. If you'd like a hand understand box office 101, please let one of us know.
  • Like 1

570mil for me but its not beyond the realm of possibility that it can break 600mil.

I have it slightly higher in the 580s. But yes, 600M is in play. I just dont see how people are already assuming 650M is a given, especially so early. (Bias!)

It is.However, post bookmarked for later crow serving if it doesnt pan out so. ;)

No need to bookmark it. I'm a stand up guy. You won't have to go hunting for me...I'll be here.

Also interesting to see the perspective of various fan groups change. "Number of tickets sold" is suddenly important to Batman fans. Back in 2008 when TDK was passing movies that sold more tickets? ...Not so much. :)

So TRUE.Perspective can be a bitch.
  • Like 1