75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Sorry, I can just see someone reporting it and I just thought I'd get the jump on it. Some people here imho are a bit sensitive and they would report that. So I "jumped the gun" and removed it. :)

Cheers pal, i'll keep the gifs PG13 from now on.
  • Like 1

Hahahahahahahaahaha.Thank you for the advice, mate. Maybe you should follow it too...? Seriously this is hillarious.People like you make a bad name for Batman and Nolan fans. It's not clever, it's not cute, it's just sad. And weird, not cool weird like me, but freakish sad weird. But this is just me rambling, keep doing what you're doing, mate. :D

The part where you said that I needed to go back to school? Please dont act innocent now.When did I say 600M was not attainable? I said its strange (not really considering the bias) that people are already assuming that 650M is a lock. Anyway, you have made your bed (1.1 vs 1.3), we'll see in a few months. You are indeed a stand up guy.

If you think telling you to go back to school is an attack then you should seriously go back to school to learn what going back to school means. And it's also a rendition of a movie line from one of my fave movies. So don't act all sanctimonious and then get all sensitive like i hurt your feelings.

12.5 dom. Need another 12m+ from foreign to make it over the 800m.

800m worldwide going into U.S. second weekend.

Probably won't be at 1b though. May come up a little short. But that's cool.

This kind of gross "should" have been reached on the end of its run.

Here, we are just talking about "second weekend".

I want to say:

whoohooo!

Thurs: 12.5MFri: 30M (+140%)Sat: 47M (+57%)Sun: 33M (-30%)Weekend: 110M

I have a 44 mill Saturday but other than that we are predicting the same numbers.

Add to that the fact that TA had a total number of screenings per day of 11900 while TDK was 9700

Exactly. Which is why it isn't really debateable that TA has sold more tickets than TDK. The math indicates that's what happened, and the 22% increase in screens provides all of the explanation necessary to accept how it happened. Ergo, 3D and inflation aside, TA would still be ahead of TDK simply based on higher attendance.Link with backup - http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/grossbydays.htm?days=6&adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

The theater owners report what they report. In 2008, it was the same situation with TDK receiving a big boost over older movies. Theater owners reported an increase of 15.6% between 2004 ($6.21) and 2008 ($7.18). So the adjusted chart looked like this:http://boxofficemojo..._yr=2008&p=.htm

The 2008 number is $7.18 a ticket. The 2012 number is $7.92. That's a 10% difference. While it is 3.5% higher than the CPI over that span, I find it is pretty reasonable. I'll also point out that TA beat TDK by way over 10% OW (roughly 30.1%), and will have a much greater than 10% gap again after this weekend (comparing mid-week isn't possible since we have a May vs. July date problem). That reinforces the notion that inflation is a minor contributor to TA's larger take.

With the 12.5M Thursday, we are looking at 29-32M Friday. 130% increase should happen and 150% could happen. Anything more is just gravy.

Hopefully there`s mega-jump on Saturday and great hold on Sunday.

Exactly. Which is why it isn't really debateable that TA has sold more tickets than TDK. The math indicates that's what happened, and the 22% increase in screens provides all of the explanation necessary to accept how it happened. Ergo, 3D and inflation aside, TA would still be ahead of TDK simply based on higher attendance.Link with backup - http://boxofficemojo...ust_yr=1&p=.htmThe 2008 number is $7.18 a ticket. The 2012 number is $7.92. That's a 10% difference. While it is 3.5% higher than the CPI over that span, I find it is pretty reasonable. I'll also point out that TA beat TDK by way over 10% OW (roughly 30.1%), and will have a much greater than 10% gap again after this weekend (comparing mid-week isn't possible since we have a May vs. July date problem). That reinforces the notion that inflation is a minor contributor to TA's larger take.

10% isn't minor when you're talking about movies making hundreds of millions of dollars. But yes, 3D adds another 15% on top of that.

If you think telling you to go back to school is an attack then you should seriously go back to school to learn what going back to school means. And it's also a rendition of a movie line from one of my fave movies. So don't act all sanctimonious and then get all sensitive like i hurt your feelings.

Ok mate. 1.4 vs 1.0 ;)People asking me to go back to school, accusing me of a WB suit (wth), Nolan fan (wtf?). It sure is some nice atmosphere here on the mere suggestion of Avengers not being a lock for 650M. :)For what it's worth, Avengers BO run inspired me join the forums. I'm just trying to be reasonable and keeping my expectations in my check. Edited by artist
  • Like 1