75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

That would be bad if DS does less than 30m; but it's way to early to tell.

Also, 80+m for TA this weekend!! Gee, ya think Nikki. AnHybody could have posted that. We all knew it would do 80+m five days ago when it did 207m OW.

I thought it said Avengers was disappointing and I panicked. Then I thought, even if that was where it ended up that would not be bad. Then I was like oh, Avengers might do more in one day than Dark Shadows will do for the weekend. Now I'm like, this is nikki, and it's only two.

Edited by TheLombax

W/o domestic Friday, right?Holy shit, and Japan happens in August!

How much does piracy affect things with this big of a movie and that long a time until it hits? Or do the effects of localization and event movie status trump that?

Welcome to the madhouse!

Welcome aboard

Thanks! :)

Take all your fam to see TA this weekend and hisotry will be made!

That's the plan!

Well welcome aboard but the TA madness began about 10 or so days ago. That bridge has been crossed. :lol:

:) I was reading along and desparately trying to keep up, LOL. And now, since my first post, I did some work and left the office and DHD's caused a whole new thread. Better go see what's up (though I expect that, like last weekend, anything discussed now will bear little resemblance to the end-of-weekend reality)! ;) Edited by mattie

Thanks! :)That's the plan! :) I was reading along and desparately trying to keep up, LOL. And now, since my first post, I did some work and left the office and DHD's caused a whole new thread. Better go see what's up (though I expect that, like last weekend, anything discussed now will bear little resemblance to the end-of-weekend reality)! ;)

So true and welcome!

In other news...

http://www.huffingto..._n_1500762.html

Shawarma Sales 80% up thanks to 'Avengers' post-credit Scene

Is shawarma benefitting from an "Avengers" bump?

In the recently released film, Iron Man (played by Robert Downey Jr.) suddenly craves the flavorful, spit-roasted Middle Eastern street food after a major battle scene.

"Have you ever tried shawarma?" Iron Man asks Captain America. "There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I want to try it."

Now local shawarma restaurants seem to be having a "moment" -- at least according to an informal poll by TMZ. Ro-Ro's Chicken, a Hollywood shawarma joint, told TMZ that sales have shot up 80 percent since the movie opened.

Posted Image

Edited by Jordanstine