CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Here’s the Top Ten (based on Friday estimates):1. Marvel’s The Avenger (Disney) Week 2 [4,349 Theaters] PG13Friday $29M (-64%), Weekend $100.0M, Cume $368.0M2. Dark Shadows (Warner Bros) NEW [3,755 Theaters] PG13Friday $10.5M, Weekend $28.0M3. Think Like A Man (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 4 [2,052 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.5M, Weekend $6.5M, Cume $82.0M4. The Lucky One (Warner Bros) Week 4 [2,839 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.3M, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $54.0M5. The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 8 [2,531 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.2M, Weekend $4.3M, Cume $387.0M6. Five-Year Engagement (Universal) Week 3 [2,569 Theaters] RFriday $955K, Weekend $3.2M, Cume $24.5M7. Pirates! Band of Misfits (Aardman/Sony) Week 3 [3,079 Theaters] PGFriday $740K, Weekend $3.2M, Cume $23.2M8. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Fox Searchlight) Week 2 (178 Theaters] PG13Friday $665K, Weekend $2.8M, Cume $4.0M9. Girl In Progress (Lionsgate) NEW [322 Theaters] GFriday $408K, Weekend $1.5M10. The Raven (Relativity) Week 3 [1,888 Theaters] RFriday $405K, Weekend $1.2M, Cume $15.5MEditor-in-Chief Nikki Finke - tip her here.

Here’s the Top Ten (based on Friday estimates):1. Marvel’s The Avenger (Disney) Week 2 [4,349 Theaters] PG13Friday $29M (-64%), Weekend $100.0M, Cume $368.0M2. Dark Shadows (Warner Bros) NEW [3,755 Theaters] PG13Friday $10.5M, Weekend $28.0M3. Think Like A Man (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 4 [2,052 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.5M, Weekend $6.5M, Cume $82.0M4. The Lucky One (Warner Bros) Week 4 [2,839 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.3M, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $54.0M5. The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 8 [2,531 Theaters] PG13Friday $1.2M, Weekend $4.3M, Cume $387.0M6. Five-Year Engagement (Universal) Week 3 [2,569 Theaters] RFriday $955K, Weekend $3.2M, Cume $24.5M7. Pirates! Band of Misfits (Aardman/Sony) Week 3 [3,079 Theaters] PGFriday $740K, Weekend $3.2M, Cume $23.2M8. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Fox Searchlight) Week 2 (178 Theaters] PG13Friday $665K, Weekend $2.8M, Cume $4.0M9. Girl In Progress (Lionsgate) NEW [322 Theaters] GFriday $408K, Weekend $1.5M10. The Raven (Relativity) Week 3 [1,888 Theaters] RFriday $405K, Weekend $1.2M, Cume $15.5MEditor-in-Chief Nikki Finke - tip her here.

She didn't update some of them.

With a $29.1 million gross Friday, Disney's "The Avengers" is out adventuring for the soph sesh domestic B.O. record, but it may require a slightly stronger hold to beat it.Compared with last Friday, the actioner is performing 64% below its opening weekend. This is a reasonable drop for a B.O. buster like "Avengers," but if it persists through Sunday, pic will fall barely short of beating "Avatar's" second frame feat of $75.5 million

Damn Variety really are clueless, i can't see how this doesn't beat 75mil.

With a $29.1 million gross Friday, Disney's "The Avengers" is out adventuring for the soph sesh domestic B.O. record, but it may require a slightly stronger hold to beat it.Compared with last Friday, the actioner is performing 64% below its opening weekend. This is a reasonable drop for a B.O. buster like "Avengers," but if it persists through Sunday, pic will fall barely short of beating "Avatar's" second frame feat of $75.5 million

:lol:

Can't believe they actually wrote that. How is 64% below opening weekend? Don't they mean Fri-Fri?

• Founder / Operator

In North America you take your Mom to see The Avengers?

Check past similar films that fell on Mother's Day (Iron Man and Star Trek, namely). These types of films always hold very well that day.

Thor had 66% jump and TA's Friday was closer to it than other May openers. Its possible, I see a 55% jump but 60% is on the table.

Saturday - There is a Game 7 in Los Angeles which will attract alot attention and a Game 1 2nd round which will garner less but could still depress L.A., Boston, Denver, and Philly markets. I'm rooting for a Thor like Saturday jump because it's the only avenue to $100million unless millions of sons everywhere take their moms to see TA on Sunday.

Wow, Variety's article just topped Nikke in cluelessness. Are they brain dead, TA should make around 105M for the weekend.

Did they really write that? That's beyond embarrassing.

The absolute max (and I mean the stars aligning, God coming down and making it happen, max) is $33m, which is roughly the same increase that Spider-Man 1 saw. Anything more than $30m would be a bit of a shock to me; I'm thinking around $29m.

:ca:

I thought Dark Shadows was going to do better though, so SHAME!

:(