CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Not from his theater. His had a trajectory for 31 mill last night and it the nation ended with 29.1...so thats a difference of about 7%. So use the same trajectory and it's about 48%. So that's about a 43 mill Saturday.

Rest of the country could catch up and lead to 55-60% increase on the Saturday. :) :) :)

Man, you sure are obsessed with Nolan's fans.

No, I'm a Nolan fan myself. It's like a jedi/sith thing, and I'm damn sure that I'm on the right side because I'd never wish anything for TDKR but the best. I want an amazing film and a brilliant ending to the trilogy, why can't we just get along? :)

I'm the World's weirdest nerd, mate. I know it's crazy and I don't deserve it, but oh well. I'll keep doing it while the ladies are still thinking I'm a good guy. :)

Dude, did you seriously just compare The Avengers to getting a blowjob? I don't care how much of a comic book geek you are, nothing ever compares to that. And especially in a theater too? Dude... come on.
  • Like 1

No, I'm a Nolan fan myself. It's like a jedi/sith thing, and I'm damn sure that I'm on the right side because I'd never wish anything for TDKR but the best. I want an amazing film and a brilliant ending to the trilogy, why can't we just get along? :)

We can. Dexter didn't like the Avengers as much as you, and you're accusing him of being a militant Nolanite. You might want to read his posts from the last few months. Over and over he said he thought Avengers would perform way better than TDKR at the box office and he even said he was looking forward to Avengers very much. The movie didn't live up to the hype for him. That's not his fault. That's the fault of people overhyping it, just the same as they overhyped TDK and plenty of other superhero movies in the past.I actually agree with Dexter that Avengers isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. I like it quite a bit more than he does (I give it a 8/10), but I do have criticisms of it. The first 10 minutes bored the fuck out of me. That's not my fault, that's Whedon's fault for starting the movie off with Skeletor and some stupid Transformers style exposition, then cranking up a boring action sequence with a bunch of characters I do not care about. The core of that movie to me is Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America. Don't particularly give a shit about the other characters.

Dude, did you seriously just compare The Avengers to getting a blowjob? I don't care how much of a comic book geek you are, nothing ever compares to that. And especially in a theater too? Dude... come on.

I know, right. But it was indeed my best experience I've ever had inside a movie theater. Not admitting it would be a lie, and I tell the truth most of the times. Most people don't expect that. :(

We can. Dexter didn't like the Avengers as much as you, and you're accusing him of being a militant Nolanite. You might want to read his posts from the last few months. Over and over he said he thought Avengers would perform way better than TDKR at the box office and he even said he was looking forward to Avengers very much. The movie didn't live up to the hype for him. That's not his fault. That's the fault of people overhyping it, just the same as they overhyped TDK and plenty of other superhero movies in the past.I actually agree with Dexter that Avengers isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. I like it quite a bit more than he does (I give it a 8/10), but I do have criticisms of it. The first 10 minutes bored the fuck out of me. That's not my fault, that's Whedon's fault for starting the movie off with Skeletor and some stupid Transformers style exposition, then cranking up a boring action sequence with a bunch of characters I do not care about. The core of that movie to me is Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America. Don't particularly give a shit about the other characters.

I only started looking forward towards until the reviews and members were talking about it. I thought the trailers were bad.IMO slight changes and Avengers 2 can be an 8/10 for me.

Avengers is a straight up popcorn flick. It's like Transformers, but with better characters and better actors. And, that's why it's dong so well. Audiences like there straight up popcorn films.

Edited by CloneWars

While I do sympathize with the complaints that the opening ten minutes is a drag, I'm not sure it was possible to open the movie any other way. You need to establish the central problem somehow before getting to the meat of the story. Maybe just cutting out the weird opening sequence and jumping right to Fury and co might've helped.

Edited by tribefan695

Avengers is a straight up popcorn flick. It's like Transformers, but with better characters and better actors.

Harsh, its a much better film than Transformers but i do get what you mean. The film is very light hearted and the tone is completely different to say TDK and it comes down to what you like, i thought the film was great fun but it has very little substance and i don't think it will stick with you and stand the test of time like say TDK and BB (and others).