CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Does anyone anticipate Man of Steel ?

Superman is my favorite SH but I've been slowly losing interest in MOS. I just have no faith in Snyder. The only thing I like about it so far is Amy Adams and casting of some supporting characters. Edited by skykisser
  • Like 2

OK, here I go:

2D - 1045

3D - 1357

Total - 2402

Last Saturday we did 3006, so that's what, 21% drop from last Saturday?

Here is something far more interesting:

5/4/12

2D - 1068

3D - 1283

Total - 2351

Yes, we had a higher attendance and 3D ratio THAN OPENING DAY!!!!

So shocking!
  • Like 1

Superman is my favorite SH but I've been slowly losing interest in MOS. I just have no faith in Snyder. The only thing I like about it so far is Amy Adams and casting of some supporting characters.

I don't like Snyder's style either.

$600m is the min and I don't really know about the max. This movie will get to $500m DOM in just two weeks. There's not really a competition for this movie besides Prometheus until July, which clearly isn't a family movie. I can still see this movie being on theaters when ASM and TDKR come, and while the fight will be between ASM and TDKR, since I'm betting on THE AVENGERS having insane legs, I can see THE AVENGERS benefiting of the competition when these movies come. Kt'll be summer and THE AVENGERS has the most awesome rewatchability factor I've seen in a movie since Star Wars. I can see people going to see ASM and THE AVENGERS, TDK and THE AVENGERS, hell, going for all of them. If THE AVENGERS gets to surpass AVATAR, it will be by the end of summer. I' actually more confident of this happening than I've ever been.

OK, here I go:

2D - 1045

3D - 1357

Total - 2402

5/4/12

2D - 1068

3D - 1283

Total - 2351

Posted Image
  • Like 2

OK, here I go:

2D - 1045

3D - 1357

Total - 2402

5/4/12

2D - 1068

3D - 1283

Total - 2351

Posted Image
  • Like 6

Superman is my favorite SH but I've been slowly losing interest in MOS. I just have no faith in Snyder. The only thing I like about it so far is Amy Adams and casting of some supporting characters.

I'm hoping by some miracle MOS turns out good.If it doesn't we may only get one superhero (Batman) from WB from now on.

OK, here I go:

2D - 1045

3D - 1357

Total - 2402

5/4/12

2D - 1068

3D - 1283

Total - 2351

Okay now this is just FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 6

But WB is going:"Okay were done with Potter, Batman and almost done with LOTR. Now we don't want to end up the way we were in the late 90s....SUPERMAN SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!"

No need to worry about MOS. They have had so much time to work on this film that by the time June 2013 comes around, any major flaws could have been worked out. Anyway, no need to lose interest. We don't even have a teaser and won't have one until TDKR.

OK, here I go:

2D - 1045

3D - 1357

Total - 2402

5/4/12

2D - 1068

3D - 1283

Total - 2351

Avengers hot in Houston! That's awesome. Your theater has been skewing higher than average though. But still, an excellent result.
  • Like 1

There was no trailer for Avatar till August 2009, nuff said ;)

In a lot of ways the first Avatar trailer reminds of the TDKR trailers. JC really held back with that first trailer, but then went all out with the final trailer.

No need to worry about MOS. They have had so much time to work on this film that by the time June 2013 comes around, any major flaws could have been worked out. Anyway, no need to lose interest. We don't even have a teaser and won't have one until TDKR.

My biggest expectation isn't even MoS, it's the birth of the DC Movieverse that I'm most excited about. I honestly hope they reconsider the "this characters arethe only heroes in their own Worlds approach" in the light of THE AVENGERS success.